17.1 - Emmett -

Emmett

"I'm so going to kill you! How could you say that to her?!". Emmett was filled with rage when he pushed Edward. The Cullens were outside of their house, so no important things could get damaged. Emmett was spending the rest of the lunch break and the last class trying not to hurt anyone around him. It took him so much control but now that he couldn't hurt a human he just let it all out. Even in the car he hold himself back. But enough is enough. As soon as they got out he attacked Edward. And this time there was no one who tried holding him back.

"Have you seen how broken she looked! Have you seen it?", he shouted. "I had no choice", Edward answered. "You had! And you shouldn't have gone that far! There were other ways! She would've gone away sooner or later! There was no need to hurt her!".

In the next moment Edward flew into a tree. The stem broke. Emmett grabbed him and pushed him against another tree with his arm pressed against his neck. "I'm sorry", Edward ground out. His voice was little more than a whisper.

"Don't apologize to me, apologize to her.",he hissed before he threw him into another tree. He could hear Edward groan but he didn't care. He hurt Emery. Emmett hated himself for letting him. "Your turn", I said to Rosalie that was watching with an even amount of rage in her sexy little body. While she was walking up to Edward, Emmett stood next to Jasper. "I have to tell you two something as soon as she's done.", he said as we watched Rose slapping Edward hard. Emmett remembered how that feels. Even as a vampire that hurt longer than it should.

"Why did you wait? You could've told us in the car", I asked. "Well, you two were a little..tense. I'm confident we would've ended in the side ditch.", he replied. "Is it about Emery?", Emmett asked concerned. Rosalie looked up from Edward that was laying in front of her. Jasper sighed. "Come on, let's go inside."

In the living room Alice forced us to sit down all together minus Edward that was probably healing in front of the house. "What is it?", Rose asked impatiently. Jasper crossed his arms and wasn't looking in any particular direction.

"You know that I had History as my last class, right?". He didn't wait for an answer. "Usually I have this class with Emery. I know we said we wouldn't talk to her but I wanted to apologize for Edward and calm her a little. But she didn't show up".

"What?", Alice asked and I could see worry in her eyes. The same that Emmett felt. "I don't know. I guess she went home after lunch break.", Jasper said.

Immediately Emmett rose up from where he was sitting and went in the direction of their front door. "Emmett? Where are you going?", Esme asked. "Kicking Edward in the face and then checking up on Emery", he replied. "No! Come back here. You promised you'd keep your distance until we figure out what is going on.", Carlisle mentioned. He turned around and could feel the rage again. "Oh yeah? I don't really feel like we've got any further in our research. What is if we'll never find the 'right' answer? You can't keep us away from her forever!"

Rosalie came up to his side. "He's right! Maybe this never happened before. So what? We need to know if she is okay! Just let us. It hurt her already. Edward was way too harsh but he would've never said those words if you wouldn't have forced us to stay away from her on the first place", she argued. Emmett was confident that he was just as tensed as she was.

Carlisle frowned. "Just give us another two weeks. Maybe we'll find the answer even sooner. But until then you stay away"

"Do you really think that's a good idea?", Alice asks. "We don't have a different option", the blonde guy answered. "Of course we have another option Carlisle!", Rosalie said "We could just go to her and check up on her". Emmett nodded, "She's right.". "We don't know what caused the things you feel for her. She's a risk. What if it's all just a trap?", Esme answered.

Emmett was surprised. His adoptive mother loves to meet new people. Especially when these people are friends or are important to her family. He couldn't understand why she acted like that all of a sudden.

Seeing the look on his face she sighed. "It's worrying me that none of the abilities of your siblings work on her. Not even Alice's". "Maybe she's like Bella. Edward can't read her thoughts either.", Rosalie responded. "That he can't hear her thoughts is one thing. She's a shield. But Alice still gets visions of her and Jasper can still manipulate her feelings. With Emery it's different.", Esme replied. Emmett looked at Jasper. It's the first time that was mentioned. That Edward couldn't read her thoughts was nothing new. Emmett was kind of relieved that he couldn't. But Jasper?

"I can figure out what she's feeling but I can't influence her mood. The first day she went to school the cafeteria made her incredibly uncomfortable. I tried to calm her down but it didn't work.", he explained. "But maybe she's something similar to a shield? Carlisle?", Emmett turned to him. He shook his head. "I can't think of anything. She might be a shield as well. But a really strong one, stronger than Bella. Still, I don't think that's possible."

Frustrated Emmett pulled his hair. "Two weeks", Carlisle tried again. Rosalie and him could feel Jasper influencing their mood, calming them down. He sighed and nodded.

"Two weeks. Not even a second more"