Ch 5. Friends or Foes

On the train ride to the Wild Area, Isaiah couldn't stop thinking about the final moment of his battle with Naomi

On the train ride to the Wild Area, Isaiah couldn't stop thinking about the final moment of his battle with Naomi. Sobble's critical hit Water Gun attack packed a serious punch. Whereas the first water gun did minimal damage. All starter Pokémon share the same ability among types.

Sobble is Galar's respective water type starter, so its natural ability would be Torrent. An ability that power up water type moves when the Pokémon is low on energy.

'Hmmm, Sobble had taken some hits from Ponyta before using Water Gun. Torrent combined with a critical hit could be the reason why it had so much force behind it.' He pondered.

He had another theory in mind and it involved hidden abilities. Isaiah had never heard of or seen Sobble until today, so he was unaware of its hidden ability. He did a quick search on Sobble using his phone.

'It is rare but the Sobble evolution line could also possess Sniper as an ability,' he read.

"Sniper," he whispered. Isaiah thought back to his lessons with Alder. "Sniper...powers up moves if they become critical hits when attacking," he whispered again.

"Are you okay, young man?" The stranger asked.

Isaiah glanced at the old man across from him, who stared in confusion.

"Yeah, I'm fine just...talking to myself." He faked a smile.

'That could also explain what happened in my previous battle. The extra power in Sobble's Water Gun.' Isaiah thought back further to the battle against the wild Rookidee. He didn't notice it then, but Sobble's critical move had more force behind it.

'Torrent or Sniper... Which one could it be...'

He searched for more information on the Wild Area and judging from the pictures and articles, it seemed like a vast place for lots of roaming wild Pokémon. He read about the different biomes that are located in the Wild Area that harbors different Pokémon. What caught his attention was the many Dynamax Den spread throughout the Wild Area. No one was allowed to enter a den solo, so he wouldn't be alone when facing a Dynamax Pokémon.

The article was very informative as it mentioned various berries trees, battle-seeking pokémon breeders,  different vendors scattered around the area, and two brothers who will dig up rare items for you in exchange for money.

"This 'Wild Area' sounds too good to be true," he mumbled.

"Oh, the Wild Area is a great place for trainers. You can explore it for days on end, and even breed Pokémon at the nursery," the old man interjected.

"Is that so?" Isaiah asked inquisitively.

The senior nodded, "indeed, is the Wild Area your next stop?"

'Yeah, it'll be my first time there."

"I've made lifelong friends from my adventures in the Wild Area when I was younger," the elder reminisced.