Ch 6. Star Studded Trainers

~Rotting Fields~

~Rotting Fields~

The next morning...

     Katie stood in the middle with both her arms up. She looked to her left where Gnash stood with a pokéball in hand, resting on his hip in a pitcher's stance. Her head snapped to the right, and Isaiah held Sobble's pokéball down by his side with a firm grip.

"This will be a one-on-one battle!" Katie shouted.

Frederick sat on his large travel bag out of harm's way, with his arms crossed. He yawned and shook his head.

"This better be worthwhile since I was woken up," Frederick complained.

"Trainers are you ready?!"

Isaiah and Gnash nodded their head in unison, Katie smirked and waited a few more seconds as a cool breeze blew by.

"Battle!" Katie dropped her arms and ran over to stand beside Frederick.

"Scorbunny!"
"Sobble, let's go!"

Scorbunny and Sobble materialized across from each other simultaneously. The fire rabbit jogged in places, warming up the pads on its feet. The water lizard looked back at Isaiah in confusion.

"I know you were buddies last night, but this is a battle okay Sobble?"

'Sob, Sobble.'

"Quick Attack!" Gnash called out the attack immediately, getting Scorbunny in striking distance with incredible speed.

"Get out the way!" Sobble narrowly dodged the speedy tackle with impeccable timing. "Now, Growl!"

Sobble growled endearingly at Scorbunny, lowering its physical attack by one stage.

"Ember, let's go!" Scorbunny's eyes returned to their normal red color before juggling a pebble on its knee. Once in the air, the pebble was ignited and kicked toward Sobble.

"Water Gun!" Sobble leaned forward and shot a stream of water that put out the flaming pebble.

Gnash and Isaiah stared at each other before calling out their next commands simultaneously.

"Tackle!"
"Pound!"

Sobble and Scorbunny met in the center with the water type forcibly smashing its tail into the tiny rabbit. Sobble took a charge to the gut in return, causing both Pokémon slid backward to their trainers.