Prologue: The Mischievious Djinn

~Galar Region~

~Galar Region~

     The middle-aged woman wore protective goggles as she stared at the broken watchtower. A severe sandstorm surrounded the area, repelling any adventuring trainers who were ill-equipped. Her silver-colored hair formed a widow's peak at the front, with four cowlicks sprouting out, slicked down past her shoulders. A black trench coat covered the spaceman-like attire, her high-heeled boots digging into the grass. The earpiece she wore began to buzz and she tapped it in annoyance.

"C-Can you hear me? Come in..." A raspy elderly male voice spoke.

"Tsk, obnoxiously loud and clear," she replied with a roll of her piercing gray eyes.

The elder on the other end of the earpiece grimaced but didn't respond to her comment.

"Are you sure this is where that Pokémon can be found? It hasn't been seen for years," the elder said.

The lady sighed, "I'm very sure. My travels started in Alola, where I got a closer examination of some extra-dimensional Pokémon."

"E-Extra dimensional Pokémon? You don't mean...aliens?" The elderly male replied.

"More or less, they were Pokémon apart from this world entirely. I believe she called them Ultra Beasts. Unfortunately, to reach those Pokémon, it required greater power and technology that I, nor you, Charon, possess."

"Hmm, yes that is unfortunate indeed," Charon mumbled.

She looked at the watchtower as she scouted the area. The darkness of the night and moon's luminance provided her perfect cover for what she was planning to do.

"I saw those powerful beasts, and they were impossible to reach beyond normal means... If I plan on having them at my side, I needed the ability to summon them at will. It was unlikely of me to believe in tall tales but..." her voice trailed off.

"Wait... That's why you traveled to the Kalos region?! On a whim? A mere children's story??"

"Hush you old fool!" The woman shouted, intimidating Charon through the earpiece.

She cleared her throat, regaining her composure, "as I was saying... My next destination was Dahara City, the origin of those tales. I visited Dahara Tower, where the artifact containing the Pokémon's true power was created."

"T-The Prison Bottle," Charon mumbled.

She continued, "two weaklings were guarding the artifact, a brother and sister. Fortunately for them, I was feeling merciful that day."

Charon chuckled, "mercy? Sird, one of the three beasts, actually showed mercy to her opposition? How the times have changed since your stint in Team Rocket and Galactic."

Sird folded her arms, "it would seem so... The young man forewarned me of the Prison Bottle's ability to control whoever touches it. To my dismay, he was indeed correct."