Ch 1. A Demon in Driftveil

~Unova Region~

~Unova Region~

     Isaiah sat on the living room couch with the channel set to the Hoenn Pokémon League. He talked to Alisha on the phone, as they do every night. He found himself missing her more and more with each passing day since her departure for Alola. The past three days he's been stopping raging groups of wild Pokémon in Black City and White Tree Hollow. He couldn't wrap his head around how they seemed different from other Pokémon.

"I've never seen a Beartic with glowing red eyes until today, Alisha. I'm telling you something strange is happening in Unova," Isaiah said.

"Hmm, glowing red eyes? Are you sure you're not feeling any effect of being overworked?" She asked in a worried tone.

"True, I haven't been getting much sleep lately but that's beside the point... There was a herd of wild Tauros stampeding through Virbank City and a Krokorok that sent dozens of people in Striaton City to the hospital. They must be connected somehow." He shook his head as he recalled the memory.

"How is that related to Beartic?" Alisha asked.

"They're eyes were all glowing red as if they were possessed by something. I know it sounds dumb but those wild Pokémon weren't normal," Isaiah said.

"Does Alder and the others know about what's going on?" She asked.

"Iris, the Elite Four, all eight gym leaders, and myself have been relieving the region of any outbreaks; We can't seem to stop them from appearing entirely," he sighed.

"Isn't the new format of the Unova League starting soon?" Alisha reminded him.

"Oh crap! It is..." Isaiah facepalmed at the thought. Even though Isaiah wasn't competing in the tournament, he still had a role to play in the Unova League.

The Unova Region has been getting lots of attention since the announcement of the first year of the PBLUA. Trainers from all over traveled to the region, bulking up their teams or starting fresh for the tournament. Professor Juniper has been working overtime to update the Pokèdex, while Bianca gave out starter Pokémon every other week. Alder took in a few more students under his wing, mostly to ensure Unova outshines Sinnoh in viewership.

"By the way, you still haven't decided on your next journey, Isaiah. It's been half a year, don't you think it's time to get out there and see more of the world?" Alisha pressed. She was his biggest supporter and didn't want him wasting his talent in the shadows of Unova.

"I've already made up my mind, I'm not taking part in the Unova League," he replied.

While Alisha went on her usual tirade about him continuing his travels, suddenly the television changed to the Unova News. The region was in a state of panic as a mass outbreak of wild enraged Pokémon rampaged throughout multiple cities: Castelia, Nimbasa, Icirrus, Mistralton, and Drifveil. He watched on as the clips of glowing red-eyed Pokemon hurt innocent people and buildings