✧ my hero » eddie ✧

EDDIE MUNSON
of the hellfire & babysitter's club

" Outside of D&D, I am no hero. "

SYNOPSIS: Your boyfriend never considered himself to be a hero outside of D&D. But after jumping in the water to come after you and getting stuck in the upside down, Eddie Munson finds out he just might be brave after all. For you.

TYPE: (fem!reader)
—cute banter
—lot of angsty eddie :'(
—but also flirty eddie ;)
—mentions of battle of starcourt
—steve is reader's brother :p

WORD COUNT: 6200
—yeah it's a longer imagine bc it's pretty much the upside down storyline with you written into it so there's an actual plot w you & eddie ;)

WORD COUNT: 6200—yeah it's a longer imagine bc it's pretty much the upside down storyline with you written into it so there's an actual plot w you & eddie ;)

• • •

"Somebody's gotta go down there and check this thing out."

"No way, you dingus. You're not going down there!" You exclaimed, sending daggers at your brother with your eyes.

You could feel Eddie's hand gently rest on your shoulder, not wanting you to immediately lurch at Steve for how stupid he's being, and capsize the boat.

Your self-proclaimed-hero—but irritating—brother Steve, turned to give Robin a sarcastically annoyed look at your use of 'dingus'; a word you've definitely picked up from her.

"Unless one of you four can top being a Hawkins High swim co-captain, and a certified lifeguard for three years, then it's gotta be me." He spoke while already taking off his shoes and preparing for the dive.

He turned to look at you, "No complaints, got it?"

"Steve, I swear to god, if you die, I'm gonna kill you."

Steve reached to ruffle your hair, but shrugged you off—ever so stubborn, and ever the protective brother he was of you. "Alright, great."

"Shit, I'm not complaining." Eddie shook his head with a daunting voice, "I do not wanna go down there."

While you agreed with your boyfriend, and definitely did not want to revisit the upside down, you still worried for your brother.

You helped Eddie shake something out of a plastic bag, to instead create a sort of waterproof flashlight for Steve to take with him.

Eddie handed you the finished product, and you handed it to Steve. "Here."

Steve took the flashlight, giving you a slight nod. You heard Eddie wish him luck from behind you, to which he thanked him.