✧ you never saw me » mike ✧

**˚  ˚**

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

I m a g i n e : You have been in love with Mike for a long time, but the problem is, is that he's dating El.
  Before the battle of starcourt, you feel the need to express your feelings to Mike, and he rejects you, but was that how he really felt ?

|—kinda angsty ;(—|

R e q u e s t e d B y : @ fabi_lovesbooks

Word Count : 2649

a/n : ‼️ seriously thinking about making this into a separate book.. let me know if you'd be interested in reading it.. ;)

︾⇟⇟︾

you and mike had always been best friends for as long as you could remember.

being jim hopper's daughter, you got out of the cabin a lot, always playing at the arcade while your dad worked and hanging out with will and mike since you were little kids.
you formed this huge crush on mike, always blushing at all his jokes he cracked or when he would give you a hug of congratulations if you won the campaign of dungeons and dragons.

over the years, as you all got older, the party got bigger, including mike, will, lucas, dustin, and you.
that was, until el and max came along.

when el came into the picture, hopper took her in as his own, and she became sort of like a sister to you, with all eyes and priorities set on her.
you were almost pushed to the side like a child when a parent brings a newborn baby home.

hopper would focus more of his attention on her, making sure she had the things she
needed—being a telepathic and all.

but you couldn't help but feel like your father was drifting from you, hardly finding the time to spend it with you anymore.

you weren't envious of el, no.
jealous? yes.
you were jealous that her boyfriend was mike.

this summer, instead of playing d&d like the you wanted like the old days, mike seemed
infatuated with el, his eyes always in the shapes of hearts when he saw her.
it hurt you to see your best friend and first love just completely drift away from you.

sure, you would all still go to the movies and hang out at the mall, but you couldn't ignore the sense of heartbreak that mike didn't love you the way you loved him.