Reconnecting

It had been at least two hours, and the girls had been sitting there in uncomfortable silence. Anne was in the middle, with Sasha on her right and Marcy on her left.

Yes, on one hand it would be nice to see Newtopia again, but on the other hand, that place held a lot of trauma. Especially for Marcy. It also brought back memories of the day The Core attempted to kill all life on Amphibia as one final stand. Sure, in the end they had defeated it, but Anne's friends had to watch her die, and Anne still hadn't told them the specifics of her revival.

The girls continued to sit there in silence for a minute, though it felt as if it could be an hour. Suddenly, Sasha sighed and sat up.

"Okay you two. We're obviously all very tense and nervous about going back to Newtopia, but sitting here and sulking in our silence is starting to get pitiful." Sasha spoke while staring them down.

Marcy sighed. "You're right Sash. It's just- even though I know we defeated the core it still haunts me. I really hope things have changed."

Anne patted her head and Marcy leaned on her shoulder. "I know what you mean Marbles. I watched my friends almost die in Newtopia
four times. And then I sort of bit it myself. It is not something I want to go through again."

Sasha crossed her arms and leaned back, sharing her own experiences. "I used to be a horrible person. Even though I know I've changed I still feel bad. I pushed you three around so much and I'm sorry."

"Its okay dude, we forgave you a long time ago. Now bring it in." Anne smiled warmly at Sasha.

Sasha hesitated for a moment before joining Marcy and Anne in a tight embrace. They stayed there for a moment, enjoying each other's company, before Marcy noticed something strange.

"Uh, Anne! Why's your pocket glowing?" Marcy gestured to the left pocket in Anne's cargo shorts.

Anne hummed in confusion and reached into her pocket. She wrapped her fingers around what felt to be paper, and the moment she pulled it out it stopped glowing. Anne's eyes widened as she unfolded the small note.

"It seems your worlds have collided once again, beware The Night and use your gifts wisely. -Domino 3" Anne read aloud.

"Domino? Your old cat? Didn't she pass on?" Sasha questioned.

"ThAnKs FoR rEmInDiNg Me SaSh." Anne half jokingly cried out.

"It's just like that note we got after Anne's whole... er... ordeal. But why would it be from Anne's cat?" Marcy asked no one in particular.

"It's not actually from my cat. It's from... I'll explain later! Hahahah!" Anne let out a forced laugh to evade the subject.

Sasha took the note from Anne and re-read it herself, "Well, it's obvious that our worlds have collided, since we're here, but what the heck does it mean by beware the night? Also what gifts?"

Marcy took the note and started explaining. "By gifts it likely means our traits that connected us to the calamity stones before they shattered. Wit, Strength and Heart."

"I watched those stones shatter myself, so obviously by gifts it can't mean calamity powers." Anne said while scratching her head.

"But what does it mean by beware the night?" Marcy pondered, scratching her chin.

After a moment of silence, Sasha snapped her fingers. "Oh! The Olm prophecy!"

"What about the Olm prophecy?" Anne asked

"I think it went something like... three heroes bright... uh, something something, expel the night."

Suddenly, Anne realized. "You're right Sash! It did say something about the night! But wasn't the night referring to The Core? We defeated The Core!"