Andrias Leviathan

Marcy soared above the sky. Fortunately, she wasn't going all the way to Wartwood, so it wouldn't take as long as their first trip. As she neared the valley, Marcy flew Joe Sparrow closer to the ground, now able to see more details of the fields.

"Come on... where is he..." Marcy mumbled to herself as they saw several silhouettes working the field, but none of them had the huge build of Andrias.

Just as she was about to turn back, Marcy saw a small field that was a bit farther than the rest. They flew over the land, and saw a large shadow hunched over the ground.

"That must be him." Marcy thought as she signaled Joe Sparrow to fly down.

Joe landed around 20-30 feet from him. He was wearing a tattered maroon cloak and chains. Marcy took a deep breath. This was King Andrias. Well, he used to be king before starting an interdimensional war; but that's besides the point. He seemed to be planting some sort of seeds, using Barrel's warhammer as a walking stick to make up for his missing limbs.

Marcy closed her eyes and took a couple deep breaths before opening their eyes and slowly approaching. Marcy slowly walked closer, but even when she was right near him, Andrias didn't seem to notice. It was only when Marcy spoke that he seemed to feel their presence.

Marcy inhaled deeply and looked up at the big newt, twiddling her thumbs. "Hey... Andrias."

Andrias seemed surprised and a little sad to hear their voice, "Marcy? Is that you, are you... here?"

Marcy looked at his face, to see his eyes have gone clouded over. Without the help of the core, he must be going blind. This man went though a lot, sheesh. Overbearing family, becoming a cyborg, losing limbs, going blind?

Mastering up all the courage she could, Marcy spoke. "Yes. It's me."

A look of melancholy found it's way onto the former king's face. "I never thought I would hear your voice again. It almost makes me with you hadn't come," he paused a moment before continuing, "as I cannot see how much you've grown."

Marcy stared up in awe, managing to keep their voice stable and clear enough to speak. "I... I need your help." Marcy managed to utter, "the girls and I are stuck here again, and without the music box, we don't know where to start."

Andrias nodded. "I'm afraid without the box, there's not much I can do."

Marcy looked down in slight disappointment, but their head snapped back up when he continued.

"But you, Marcy," Andrias spoke, "you know where you can find that knowledge."

Marcy was confused for a moment, but her eyes widened when she realized what he meant by that. She opened her mouth as if to say something, but ultimately decided against it, basking in a moment of silence.

"Well I ought to be going." Marcy mumbled just loud enough for the large newt to hear.

"One more thing." Andrias paused her before they could leave.

Marcy tensed a little, but relaxed when she heard what he said.

"I..." Andrias sighed, "I'm sorry, Marcy."

Marcy's eyes almost welled up, as they noticed that the little robot charm she had given him all those years ago hung on his cloak.

"I... don't know if I can forgive you yet, or how long it will take. You put me and my friends through a lot. But... I can see how much you've changed, and I'm still glad I met you. Thank you, Andrias."

Andrias looked very surprised by this small talk, and a small smile creeped onto his face. "Take care, kiddo."

And with that, Marcy walked back over to Joe Sparrow, leaving Andrias to continue his field work. She flew out of the field they were in, and scanned the forest for a suitable clearing. It was getting dark, so Marcy would likely also have to camp in whatever clearing they found.

She eventually came across a small clearing. The ground was dry and flat, perfect to camp out on, and far enough away from civilization as to not cause any harm if something went wrong. Marcy landed Joe and hopped off. They told Joe to stay, and walked into the middle of f the clearing. This could go very very wrong.

Marcy took a couple deep breaths, before closing her eyes and thrusting themself deep into her mind. She was searching for a voice. I voice they had tried so desperately to mute for years. The voice of the core.

Well look what the Cat-erpillar dragged in.

A chilling voice spoke in a thousand jumbled whispers. Like when your mind focuses on a random conversation a few feet away in the aisle of a grocery store, or when a subtle breeze carries the voice of a neighbor. Just barely discernible, but impossible to ignore.

Marcy took a shuddering breath as memories started to resurface. But they were gone as soon as it spoke again.

Hello? You gonna respond or just stand there and be dramatic. You called for me for a reason kiddo and here I am.

Marcy took a deep breath and concentrated on their thoughts, focusing of what exactly the response should be.

You're only here because my trauma made my subconscious absorb all your data. You're just a copy of the core, an unintended shell of what it used to be. I need you to answer my question then go back to the darkest depths of my repressed memories where I will never have to hear your annoying voice for as long as I live.

Yeah, uh huh. What do you want?

Marcy was surprised it gave in so easily, but she was technically talking to herself, so it sort of made sense.

You know more about the box and it's powers more than anything. What do I need to do?

The voice paused for a moment, before a sound akin to those of nails on a chalk board and metal creaking formed what seemed to resemble a laugh.

Hahah. When Heart used up all the stone's power and the stones shattered, where do you think that energy went? In Heart's body? News flash kid. Heart disintegrated into nothingness, but energy can't be destroyed. Thought the straight-A student MaRcY wU would know that. Where do you think that energy went after that?

Marcy's eyes widened.

What do you mean by that?!

Marcy focused on the depths of their mind, but the voice inside of her head had gone silent. Stupid Core. Going silent the one time Marcy didn't want it to.

She turned back to Joe in defeat. "Well Joe, that could've gone a lot worse. At least I didn't unleash an alien hive mind like last time. Come on, time to set up camp."

~~~
Newtopia
~~~

"Hey, Sash, you okay?" Anne asked the blonde, who was sitting on Marcy's bed.

"Yeah. I'm fine." Sasha insisted.

The two girls sat in silence for a moment, as Marcy's trio seemed to leave them in an awkward mood. Suddenly, an idea popped into Anne's head.

"Okay Sash, best idea ever. Let's have a night in the town, just to take our minds off of things!" Anne suggested.

That idea didn't seem all that bad to Sasha. Considering the alternative was anxiously overthinking all the bad things that could be happening to Marcy right now. "All right Boonchuy, I'm in."

Anne pumped up a fist in the air a whooped, as Sasha stood up to get ready. Speaking of getting ready, there was nothing to get ready with. All they really had was their current dirty clothes.

"Anne, it just occurred to me we're living in a castle and have been wearing the same thing the whole time." Sasha interjected.

Anne hummed in response. "Yknow dude, Marcy and I have both reunited with our found families, what about Grime? Didn't you say you were gonna meet up with him? How about I go find Olivia so we can try and get clothes tailored while you do find Grime."

"That's not a bad idea Boonchuy, " Sasha nodded, "now time to wander the halls with no specific sense of direction looking for someone who may not even be in the palace!"

Anne giggled as the blonde marched out the room. Well, they were trapped here again, might as well have some fun.

~~~

7/19/2022 - Unedited