Three stars

The chamber hadn't changed much since Sasha had last been there with Anne and the Plantars.

It had a high ceiling and worn crystal pathway that made the room seem grand, despite its weathered state. She gasped in awe, as despite Sasha being there before, it still radiated a powerful aura.

She cautiously approached the large gong standing in front of the giant hole in the chamber's center. Reluctantly raising her arm, she gently banged the gong a couple of times with her fist. After a few seconds of silence, Sasha almost considered turning back, but a loud rumbling accompanied her thoughts.

Though Sasha had already seen her once or twice, Mother Olm still gave off a shocking regal elegance. She was still as huge, and though Sasha knew she was old, she looked no different than ten years ago.

"Who has awoken me from my slumber?" the large old asked, voice echoing off the walls. sasha took a moment to respond, still in awe.

"Uh, tis I, Sasha Waybright?" Sasha immediately facepalmed at the answer she gave. it was something she would never have said, yet it somehow slipped out of her mouth.

mother Olms didn't seem shocked for a moment. "Ah, Sasha, hey girl!"

Sasha was surprised at her seemingly casual language. sure, when they had last met Mother olm had made the occasional reference, but it was still startling to see someone of such high status be so casual.

"er... well..." Sasha started, "I came here because I have to ask you a few things." Sasha mentally face palmed again. could she be more obvious? of course she was here to ask something.

"Well, Let's hear it."

"As you can tell, from me being here, Me and the girls kind of got ourselves trapped here again. last time you were a huge help to us. Maybe you can help us again?" Sasha questioned.

mother olm nodded her chunky head. "yeah girl. I got just the thing. Alright, gimmie a sec."

Sasha waited, and suddenly mother olm started to glow. the foreign drumming sound started from some olms guarding that she hadn't seen before. her skin tingled from the cold wind breezing around the small cavern.

"three stars burning bright

come from beyond to expe- oh sorry, wrong prophecy."

The drumming stopped for a moment, then resumed.

"Three stars burning bright

return from beyond to relive the fight.

has destiny made the right call?

their choice shall determine the fate of all."

a silence filled the air as the drumming and glowing slowly faded.

Sasha was shocked. it was just like the old prophecy, yet different in some ways. At least she didn't have to go through Mother Olm's respiratory organs to get the fortune-telling poem like last time.

Sasha shook herself out of the daze she was in, still trying to process the information she had just heard. "ugh, that doesn't really help-" Sasha began to exclaim but stopped. "Alright, sorry. It's just, that I'm under a lot of stress right now."

"I understand, child." wow, that must have been the first semi-formal thing she has said to Sasha so far.

"You said three stars. That obviously means us, but we don't have our powers anymore. how are we supposed to shine bright? And what does it mean to relive the fight? if I have to watch my friends die again, I'm out."

Mother Olm leaned down, almost to Sasha's level. "You say you don't shine bright with the power of the stones?" Mother Olms seemed slightly puzzled at this.

Sasha just wanted to get home again, and sighed. "whatever, just- Is there a way you can take me up to the surface? I need to see Anne, she probably thinks I'm dead by now."

Mother Olm nodded. "I see. I shall send an escort to bring you back to Newtopia. Farewell, Sasha Waybright."

A couple of the Olms guarding the side of the chamber approached her only to turn down the path leading out the door. Assuming she was supposed to follow them, she timidly walked out of the stone chamber, looking back at Mother Olm one last time.

~~~

Anne waited anxiously by the gates of the city. Everyone who could have possibly been endangered by the tremors had been evacuated from the area. Anne had also made a trip to the castle to request custom armor for the trio, and managed to inform a certain frumpy toad of their return. Now all that was left was for Sasha to return. Anne hoped that she hadn't been eaten by a bug, or eaten by a carnivorous plant, or eaten by a killer robot.

Her worries were ceased when a shadow peeked out of one of the former Barbariant holes. Anne let out a relieved sigh. At least Sasha was safe.