CHAPTER SEVEN, the one with the dangerous and idiotic plan

Nova wakes up with a gasp, breathing heavy as she looks around the room

Nova wakes up with a gasp, breathing heavy as she looks around the room. She calms down at seeing she was in her bedroom and glances at her alarm clock that sat on her nightstand. It read two-thirty in the morning. A sigh left her lips and she shook her head, running her hands through her slightly tangled brunette colored hair.

She tries to reassure herself that it was just a nightmare and that it wasn't real as she laid back down. She closes her eyes, immediately regretting it when the images of Liam getting killed by one of the assassins right in front of her flashed in her mind. Her heartbeat had quickened, and she quickly opened her eyes, sitting back up.

She gets out of her bed and puts on a hoodie over the black tank top she wore. She decided to not change out of her plaid pj bottoms and then puts on her shoes. She climbed out of her window, landing on the ground easily after she jumped, and started running. She wasn't exactly for sure why she was running or where she was going, but she knew she just needed to get her mind off of her nightmare. She had a feeling that if she kept on thinking about her nightmare she wouldn't go to sleep anytime soon.

Nova finds herself knocking on Liam's bedroom window. It only took a minute for Liam to come over and open the window. His hair was flat, slightly messy, and she didn't fail to notice he wasn't wearing a shirt. Upon seeing his toned chest she felt her face heat up. But when she realized something, a frown tugged on her lips, knowing she woke him up from his sleep.

"Nova? What's wrong?" Liam asks her, tilting his head to the side. "What are you doing here so late?" He furrows his eyebrows upon realizing something. "Did you walk all the way here?"

Nova sheepishly smiles. "More like ran." She shrugs, glancing at the ground shyly. "I...I had a nightmare and I thought maybe running would get my mind off of it since I was having trouble going back to sleep. I didn't even realize I was going to your house until I ended up here."

"I'm sorry I woke you up." Nova apologized, feeling guilty for waking him up.

"It's alright." Liam reassures her, looking at her with concern. "Do you want to stay here?"

Nova almost immediately nods in response and after Liam steps to the side so she can climb through. As she climbs through the window Liam gets back under the covers. He pulled the covers up for her when she walked over to the right side of the bed which was empty. Laying on the bed, Nova smiles a bit when he scooted closer to her while he laid the covers over them both. She rested her head on his chest, curling her left arm underneath her chin, and laid her right arm on his chest as he wrapped his arms around her.

It wasn't rare for the bestfriends to cuddle. They often cuddled while watching a movie or when one of them has a nightmare. It was just something that felt normal for them althoughthey are aware of the fact that best friends don't usually cuddle like they do.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Liam questioned, breaking the comfortable silence in the room.

"Not really." Nova responded, closing her eyes.