CHAPTER TEN, the one with three things that cannot be long hidden

Nova was currently at Liam's place playing video games with him

Nova was currently at Liam's place playing video games with him. They asked Mason if he wanted to join, but he said he needed to study. Liam cheered as he won another Mario Kart game. "I can't believe you won four times in a row." Nova laughed, shaking her head.

Liam grins. "That's because I'm that good."

A yawn escapes her lips, glancing at her phone to see what time it is. "I had fun, Li, but it's getting late. I should get home." She said, laying the controller she had on the floor. "Or you could stay." Liam almost immediately spoke right after she said that and as she looked at him she noticed he was looking at her with pleading eyes.

Her eyes soften while they stare at each other. She assumed that he was still having nightmares of the Berserkers and didn't bother to ask him about it, understanding that it was often hard to talk about nightmares you have. She glanced at one of the windows in his room when she heard the soft patter of the rain hitting it.

"It's raining now," Liam continues which brought her attention back to him. He sent her small smile, hoping she would stay. "Probably wouldn't be best for you to run back home in the rain."

Nova nods. "That is a good point." She thinks for a moment, remembering that she brought some extra clothes with her in her backpack just in case Liam wanted her to stay over. "Okay," When she says that a smile tugs on Liam's lips and she couldn't help but smile as well. "I'll stay."

After they got ready to sleep Liam got in bed first and Nova got in bed after him, laying on her right side, facing away from Liam. "Good night, Liam." She said as she closed her eyes.

"Good night." Liam said, turning off the lamp that was beside the side of the bed he's on. Nova was almost asleep when she heard muttering from Liam. She opens her eyes, hearing that he was muttering, "You're not there. You're not there."

That made her realize he must be afraid of the dark. Maybe he might've even imagined the Berserkers in his room. Nova turns on her left side, moving closer to Liam, and wraps one arm around his waist. Liam froze at the sudden contact, opening his eyes, and was surprised to not see a Berserker standing in front of him. He looks down upon feeling Nova's arm around him, calming down just because she's right beside him. He had to admit he liked her holding him. He felt safe and comforted. But was he ever going to admit that out loud? Probably not.

He takes ahold of Nova's hand that was resting on his stomach, intertwining their hands together which made Nova smile. "Good night, Li." Nova said while closing her eyes.

Liam smiles a bit and closes his eyes. "Good night, Noves."

****

Nova was glad that she didn't have to run to her house earlier in the morning the next day since she had brought extra clothes to change into for today. She did have to take the bus to school, but having Liam with her made the bus more manageable.