CHAPTER ONE, the one with the last day of summer

It was the last day of summer

It was the last day of summer. It was dark, but the moon shined brightly. Nova leaned against Stiles' jeep, glancing up at the dark sky when she heard thunder. Scott sat on the hood of the jeep while Stiles leaned against it, looking at a map that was in front of him. 

"Alright, so I found some cool two bedrooms in the Mission District; but they're pretty expensive." Stiles said. "A couple in Haight and Ashbury. Also expensive."

"What about Berkeley?" Scott asks. "Don't a lot of students live up there?"

"Yeah, yeah." Stiles nods. "We could try Nob Hill. But, the jeep would probably burn through a lot of clutches."

Nova raises her eyebrows, glancing at her brother when he said that. "Stiles, you're really bringing the jeep?"

Stiles nods as he glances at her. "Yeah. The plan is no one gets left behind. That's the plan." He looks at Scott. "Lydia's not gonna have a problem with getting into Stanford. Kira's thinking USF. Malia's," He smiles nervously. "Uh, gonna, you know, she'll figure something out, okay. The plan is perfect."

"Did you come up with the plan?" Nova questions, tilting her head to the side. She chuckles. "Most of the time your plans suck."Stiles sent her a glare, reaching over to flick her forehead which caused her to wince and she whined as she rubbed her forehead.

Scott chuckles at the siblings, shaking his head. "Or you know we could just wait until we actually get into college and then figure out where to live."

"I have a vision, dude." Stiles looks back at Scott. "And it's a beautiful vision. Don't ruin the vision." He looks down at the map in front of him. "Okay, we can check out the East Bay. Haven't looked at Oakland yet, you know." He looks back at Scott, looking in the direction Scott is looking at to see he was looking at the full moon. "You alright? You starting to feel it?"

"No." Scott shakes his head. "Just thinking."

"Whatcha thinking about, Scotty?" Nova asked him.

"Senior year." Scott responded.

"Senior year, come on, that's-that's...That's nothing." Stiles speaks in a nervous tone. "That's going to be easy."

"You're nervous." Nova stated since she was listening to his heartbeat and could easily tell he was nervous. Even if she didnt listen to his heartbeat she could tell her brother was nervous.

"Maybe just a little." Stiles admitted.

"It's more like something Deaton told me once." Scott speaks, looking at the Stilinski siblings. "You ever hear of the regression of mean?"

Nova and Stiles shake their heads. "No," Stiles replies. "I don't think so."

"It was his way of saying that life can't ever be all bad or all good." Scott explains. "You know, eventually things have to come back to the middle. So, let's think about the last few months. Things have been good, right? But not amazing."