Chapter 1

"Not like that," sighed Lady Lara.

"Then like what?" said Corlys. "I've been trying for three whole hours, with no progress."

"You have to free your mind from any worries," said Lady Lara. "I can sense you still longing for your friends and your sister."

"Is it wrong to think that?" said Corlys. "Alyssa needs to know that I'm still alive. Besides, we both missed the grand wedding four days ago."

"A wedding which you were not invited to," said Lady Lara.

"Because they think I'm dead!" snapped Corlys. "I should go back to them, tell them-" He was cut short by a sudden flash of light.

"You did it," said Lady Lara.

"How do I re-form again?" said Corlys. His body had completely disintegrated, mixed into the air.

"You need to learn that next," said Lady Lara. She waved her hand, and Corlys came into sight just where he had disintegrated only a few moments before.

"So frustration and rage fuels this power?" theorized Corlys.

"No," said Lady Lara. "I believe your power is meant for transportation. You thought about going to your friends, right?" 

"Yes?" said Corlys, puzzled.

"So thinking clearly is the answer," said Lady Lara. "You have to think about any place you want to go to, and your power will carry you to the place."

"Two questions," said Corlys. "I did not go to Blizzard. And, more importantly, I still don't know how to form myself back up again."

"That is why I'm here," said Lady Lara. "We have to figure out what makes your power stop. Those two questions might be connected together, as in when you reach your destination, you make your body up again."

"There is no way to test that before I can figure out how I can go to my destination, right?" said Corlys. "That means more work."

"Not today," said Lady Lara. "You have already practiced enough."

"Finally," said Corlys. "I thought I'd never get a break."

~

"That was a fantastic wedding ceremony," said Astryn. "I ate so much I fear I won't be able to eat anything for the next week."

"Trust me, you'll get over that feeling," said Alyssa. "I have been at a lot of feasts before, and they force you to eat as much as you can."

"Easy for you to say, Princess," said Astryn, smiling.

"What's going on?" said Gryff, stopping by. 

"Hey, Prince Gryff of Qis," said Astryn. "Where are you going?"

"To check on Eloria and Vaelor," said Gryff. "I haven't seen them since they went out of the wedding venue."

"They probably started going back to Lovelake," said Alyssa.

"Without even meeting us?" said Astryn. "That's unlikely."

"I'm going to send a message to Lord Dusklyn and Lord Lima then," said Gryff. "If they are really going back to Lovelake."

"We should check the venue once," said Alyssa.

"Sure, come with me," said Gryff. They walked to the venue, where people were still waiting to leave.

"Why haven't you all left yet?" asked Gryff.

A man came forward. "We wanted your permission, my Prince," he said.

"You have it," said Gryff. "Go back to your homes. Today's celebrations are over."

The man bowed, and the people started walking out. Gryff gestured to Astryn, and they started searching the place.

After half an hour, Gryff met up with Alyssa at the entrance. "No sign of them," said Gryff.

"Me neither," said Alyssa. "But Astryn hasn't come back yet."

"They probably went back to Lovelake," said Gryff. "You know, being our friends and all, they don't need my permission."

"Maybe," said Alyssa. 

"There you are!" shouted a woman from behind. Alyssa turned around to see Lady Kathryn Mist walking towards her. 

"Have you seen Vaelor?" she said. 

"No, we're searching for them right now," said Alyssa. "I believe they went back to Lovelake."

"Vaelor didn't inform me," said Lady Kathryn.

Just then, Astryn came out of the venue. "You should see this," she said.

Gryff, Alyssa, and Lady Kathryn followed Astryn inside to one of the balconies. The paint of the wall was cracked and the wall itself was broken in many pieces. 

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Alyssa said.

"That's not all," said Astryn. "Look."

Below the balcony was nothing but ice. But on the white landscape, Alyssa noticed something written in what seemed like red ink. She had a suspicion that it was worse than just ink.

"Never over," read Gryff.

"Eloria and Vaelor didn't go back to Lovelake," said Astryn. "They were kidnapped."