Chapter 2

"We need to rescue Vaelor and Eloria right away from wherever they are being held," said Astryn.

"But what about finding the King?" asked a soldier.

"That will wait," said Gryff. "As your prince, I command you to take your troops and search every corner of Ivaloria until you find Eloria Deepwater and Vaelor Mist."

"You heard him," said Alyssa. "Get to work, people!"

As the soldiers departed, Lady Kathryn Mist came up to Gryff. "Can I assist in the search, Your Grace?"

"No, my Lady," said Gryff, gently. "Right now, Lovelake needs a ruler. You can take Victory and fly back to Lovelake and be the temporary ruler until we find Eloria and Vaelor."

"I can do that," said Lady Kathryn. She bowed, and went away.

"Now, who could have kidnapped Eloria and Vaelor?" said Alyssa.

"I thought we eliminated all threats when we eliminated Trisley," said Astryn.

"Apparently not," said Gryff. "There's still threats remaining, and one of them must be especially bold to kidnap Eloria and Vaelor, knowing that they're our friends."

"What's the plan?" asked Alyssa.

"We go to the person who can see everything," said Gryff. "Lady Lara Lym."

~

"How does it feel?" asked Lady Lara.

"Eating? Pretty normal," said Corlys.

"Not eating," said Lady Lara. "Your training. Mainly you improving your skills."

"Oh, that feels good" said Corlys. . "That feels like I can actually go out to my friends soon?" he tried.

"You can," said Lady Lara. "Once you've learned how your power works and how to control it, I will let you go wherever you want."

"Yay," said Corlys, and ate his lunch.

After the light faded, Lady Lara and Corlys went into the castle of Lym. "Wait," said Corlys. "What are we doing?"

"Sparring," said Lady Lara. She quickly conjured up a red ball of energy and threw it, aimed straight at Corlys's chest.

Just a millisecond before the ball hit, Corlys dissipated into thin air. The ball bounced off the stone wall and came back to Lady Lara's hand. 

"Good," said Lady Lara. She waved another hand, and Corlys re-formed where he was standing. 

"I want you to fly through the air towards me," said Lady Lara.

"But how-" Corlys was cut short by Lady Lara throwing that same ball at his face. He managed to control his feelings and duck under the ball. He rolled on the floor, and stood right in front of Lady Lara.

"I said fly, not do stunts," said Lady Lara. 

"How?" said Corlys.

"Try it yourself," said Lady Lara. She extended her hand, and Corlys slid backwards. Lady Lara formed a ball and threw it again. This time, Corlys disappeared as the ball flew right through him. 

"Are you ready?" said Lady Lara.

"Not quite," said Corlys. 

"You won't get that much time out in the field," said Lady Lara. Saying so, she waved her hand, and Corlys took shape mere inches from Lady Lara's face.

"Sorry," Corlys said. He walked back, waiting for his performance to be assessed.

"Nice job," said Lady Lara. "I see you used me speaking as an advantage to gain more time."

"It worked, didn't it?" said Corlys, smiling.

"It worked, but you will get lesser time from here onwards," said Lady Lara. "Ready?"

Suddenly, Lady Lara stopped. "We have visitors," she said. She waved a hand, and Corlys disintegrated. "Really?" said Corlys as Lady Lara walked out.

Lady Lara saw the Clandestine descending near the Lym Castle. Alyssa, Astryn and Gryff walked out of the plane.

Lady Lara gestured, and dust flew into their eyes. Alyssa, who had been in Lym before, rubbed her eyes, but Astryn and Gryff kept them closed. "Guys, open your eyes," said Alyssa.

"Welcome!" said Lady Lara, as the group approached. "What brings my prince to Lym, along with his Princess and the Lady of Fyre?"

"You didn't come to the wedding," said Astryn. "I was really hoping you would come to the wedding."

"Eloria and Vaelor have been kidnapped," said Gryff.

"Kidnapped?" said Lady Lara.

Alyssa told the whole story to Lady Lara. They followed Lady Lara to the castle.

"That castle is huge," said Astryn.

"Not as large as you see," smiled Lady Lara. She entered first, and surprisingly found Corlys waiting at the front door. She waved her hand swiftly, and Corlys disintegrated again.

"Here," said Lady Lara. She touched a black wall, and said, "Eloria Deepwater."

The wall slowly turned white, and on it the group saw yellow sand. Their screen always kept shaking and turning.

"Keep still, Eloria," whispered Alyssa. "We need to see where you are."

Eloria tried to crane her neck to see Vaelor. Alyssa and the others saw Vaelor tied up and unconscious, on the back of an animal. Eloria tried to turn her head backwards, but they couldn't see the captor.

Finally, Eloria gave up and stared into the distance behind them. 

Astryn recognized the place almost instantly. "That's Fyre," she said. "They're near Fyre."