A sucker for you

Summary: You decide to make a special Christmas for your girlfriend

Pronouns: not used || Warnings: none

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

It wasn't easy for someone or something to make you soft, but knowing that your girlfriend never had a real Christmas when she was a kid almost made you cry.

You and Nat have been dating just under a year, but she already owned your whole body and soul. And when the redhead told you that all the first Christmases of her life had been fake, it broke your heart.

Knowing this, you made it your personal goal to give her the best Christmas she ever had.

However, a few days before the date, the two of you were assigned a mission. It was nothing complicated, just an undercover mission to check on some suspicious behavior of one of the rich guys in an outlying district of New York.

The mission, however, was a long one, and you would only return home in January.

That was not all bad, however, you and Nat would be together after all. And, pretending to be a happy and conventional couple, nothing would stop you from putting your plan into action.

So, when the redhead went out for her morning walk aka discreet perimeter scan, you organized the things you had brought.

The moment you finish organizing the last pile, the door opens.

"Why the cover-up in the house? I doubt the suspect will get in here." The Black Widow remarks, looking curiously at the Christmas tree in the living room and the various gifts stacked around it.

"It's not for cover." You reply, an excited smile appearing on your lips even as you try to contain it, and the redhead's confusion only increases. "What do you mean?"

"After you told me you never really celebrated Christmas... that was all I could think of." You tell, putting your hands in your pockets shyly. "Everyone deserves at least one real Christmas in their life."

"Are all these gifts for me?" She asks softly, incredulously, and you smile broadly at her reaction. When you nod, she smiles adorably. "Y/n, you shouldn't have."

"You deserve it." You say, and your smitten gaze at the woman compels her to make her way to you, taking your face between her hands and pulling you into a soft kiss. You smile as you match it.

"Thank you." She says shyly, looking at you lovingly, and you smile in response.

"Come on now, open your presents!" You say, nudging her, and Nat giggles as she sits down facing the gifts.

You sit on the couch facing her and have your heart flutter inside your chest each time she opens a new present, the exclamations of surprise making you giggle each and every time.

All the gifts were especially thought out for her, all things you knew she would like or things she had commented to you that she needed or something. Nat noticed this very well, which only made her love for you grow stronger.

When she opens a certain box and sees what's inside, she laughs through her nose.

"You bought me knives for Christmas?" She asks in an amused tone of incredulity, raising an eyebrow at you and you smile.

"Are you complaining?" You hit back with the same move, and the redhead glances at the weapons again before answering. "Not at all."

The opening of the presents continues for a while longer, the torn wrappings forming a pile behind her as the gifts are scattered absentmindedly across the carpet. After the last one is opened, she looks at you again.

"I can't believe you did all this." She says, looking at you with a glint in her eye that makes the butterflies in your stomach flutter.

"How not? I'm a sucker for you." You respond humorously, and the redhead chuckles as she stands up, making her way to the seat next to you on the couch.

"That's sweet, but I feel bad. All I gave you was a jacket and a Christmas card with a bad joke on it." She comments with a grimace and it's your turn to chuckle.

"And I loved them!" You assure, but seeing her shake her head in disagreement, you add. "Don't worry about it. I already have you, I don't need anything else."

"You really are a sucker." She teases, the shadow of a smirk making itself present at the corner of her lips, and you roll your eyes. "I know."

"But I like it." She says next, settling closer to you as her hand travels to the back of your neck, playing with the hair there, and a wave of chills runs through your body instantly.

"You like it?" You ask with a raised eyebrow and the redhead giggles in amusement. "I love it." She corrects, rolling her eyes, and you smile.

Nat leans forward then, capturing your lips in a sweet, loving kiss. It's an innocent kiss, but having her close like this always makes your body break into goosebumps.

A few minutes later, you pull away for air.

"Merry Christmas." The redhead whispers softly, looking at you with those beautiful eyes of hers that you adore and you smile, feeling like the luckiest person in the whole world.

"Merry Christmas."