the bet

"Oh please... Steve no offense but you couldn't pull the worlds most desperate girl. Not even if you offered them $100 dollars to date you." Robin, my bestfriend said taking a long sip out of her slushy cup.

"Robin, my date with that hot chick, uh... Cynthia? Says otherwise..." I say a cheeky grin popping up onto my face.

"Steve, you cant even remember Cynthia's name!  Say, you could pull her... You're not interested in her!! For Christ sake!" Robin laughs. I know Robin was joking and all but that sent me deep in thought. I've never been "interested" in anyone except Nancy. But, after she told me our love was "bullshit" things fell out. Feelings were lost. It took me a while to get over her but once I did I never found another someone who I really took interest in. I've tried everything. I've must've scored about 100 girls but I've never been interested in 1. Robin's right...

"Hey dingus.." Robin says clapping her 2 hands in front of my face. I snapped out of my trance, my body jerking back sharply. "Jesus, Robin..." I chuckle half-heartedly, my thumb rubbing my eyebrow nervously. "What Stevie... daydreaming about how you're gonna ghost Cynthia after your date." Robin says through a goofy smile. I force a smile on my face. "Whatever..." I say running my fingers through my hair. "Ooh! Y'know what?" Robin says biting her lip joyfully. I perk my eyebrow up. "I bet... you cant pull..." She drags on the l in pull. My eyebrow only raises higher in anticipation. She claps her hands, "Eddie MUNSON!" She shrieks in a huge belly laugh. I roll my eyes and smirk. "Yeah, I probably CANT pull a MAN. Let alone a metalhead who hates anything mainstream and popular. cough cough, me!" I say pointing to myself with both hands. Robin rolls her eyes, "Steve... never call yourself mainstream EVER again. And, its not like Eddie is straight. have you seen the bandana in his left pocket. That means he's gay, Steve! ITS FAIR!!! I'll bet you.. $100 DOLLARS you can't pull him!" My eyes shoot open. I mean I'm pretty wealthy so it's not like I need the money, but if Robin is so confident I can't pull him... I just have to prove her wrong.  "Fine.. deal!" I say. Robin smirks. "You have until the end of the month!"

She grabs an old VHS tape off the counter. "Hmm... This looks good. Back to the future for tonight's movie?" Robin eyes the tape up and down before holding it out for me to take a peek. "Hmm.. Sure. unless we have another idea, back to the future it is." Robin smiles.

Well fuck, I have 20 days to pull a man who hates my guts. I'm fucked.