Take Time To Listen To God

For this week I'm challenging everyone to have at least 5 minutes of silence after you've prayed. I want you to set a specific time you'll be in prayer. After worshipping, praying and giving your requests I want you to put away anything that can distract you. If you can remain in silence or if you're in a very noisy home, you can play a soft instrumental and take time to listen to God.

Truly silence yourself. Don't say anything but simply ask "Holy Spirit speak to me" and as you'll be quiet, be expectant for Him to speak to you and remain focused on Him.

This doesn't mean you'll automatically hear an audio voice but be sensitive as the Holy Spirit might bring scripture to your mind. He can bring thoughts into your mind that makes sense, confirmation and revelation. He can lead you to think of someone. Where someone keeps coming to your mind it could be Him telling you to pray for them.

A word of encouragement can come to mind. You can feel led to send someone a message or to write to some people. Where you'll feel a conviction to do something. Where you'll feel convicted to stop doing something or to repent. Where you'll have peace and know God is confirming something.

Whatever way God will speak to you this week. Know He does speak and He will speak but we need to just take time to be silent and listen to hear what He has to say.

When our prayers are just us speaking it isn't truly a conversation with God but we should actively and purposefully seek to silence our voice to hear His.

-etty