Chapter 3

The small girl did stand out in the room full of professionally dressed women and men, but no one dared to say anything.

The Don finally entered, silencing any chatter that had been happening earlier. The members watched as he strolled to the head of the table and sat down.

He hated these chairs more than anything. Elio sat back legs spread wide, one arm propped on the armrest, as he looked over the members that have gathered. Before him sat the more important or respected members of this mafia base.

"I called this meeting so we could all get familiar with each other. As you all know I'm Elio Galli, your new Don." He looked at the seemingly bored girl next to him, then continued "I don't plan on changing how the mafia runs. I believed in Leo's morals and vision of how we work. But I must make myself clear, although I will not run this mafia as a dictator I demand respect from all my subordinates. If you do not respect me and the authority I hold then I'll take that as a threat and treat you as a traitor." Elios glared into the crowd to gauge their reactions.

"You aren't even of Rossi blood. Even so, people like you shouldn't run a business let alone a mafia." spoke an older man. Elio recognized him from his file, which he was able to review on the plane. Alonzo Russo is a distant blood relative of the Rossi family. He worked under Matteo's sector when Leo was Don. When Matteo transferred to America, most of his men did as well. It wasn't a surprise this old Italian man held such old views, however, it didn't lessen Elio's rage.

"People like me?" he questioned dangerously as if in a warning. But the old man felt his opinion was superior in the matter.

"You know, the blacks"

Elios pulled out the gun from his waistband and shot Alonza right between the eyes. He needed to make it known that he would not tolerate this disrespectful and oppressive viewpoint.

"Anyone else?" Elio questioned, gun still drawn.

The room was silent, no one dared to breathe. However, Selenia had her lips rolled to repress the excited smile. Blood always excited her, she felt like a kid in a candy shop. She also admired the way Elios didn't hesitate to shoot him. 'What a thrill' she thought.

Her attention came back to the Don only to see his eyes were on her, questioningly searching her face. Selenia didn't like when people tried to read her like she read others. She read people so she could mask properly when undercover or to find out true intentions, but she felt when others tried to read her it was a sign of intrusion, which she hated.

"If that's all, you can all leave" Elios boomed to the room. Irritated with how the meeting went down.

Selenia wasted no time leaving the room, lighting a cigarette the second she left the room.

Hella short- oop