②. 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐬

Victoria came home from work to see Lorelai painting Rory's toenails on the porch swing

Victoria came home from work to see Lorelai painting Rory's toenails on the porch swing. She sat down next to Rory, who squirted whipped cream in her mouth.

"That's disgusting," Victoria muttered.

"Shut it," Rory told her.

"Don't move, please," Lorelai said.

Rory asked, "So, why are you insisting on doing this?"

"Well, because you're going to be starting private school tomorrow," Lorelai stated.

"Yes, but I'm going to be wearing shoes. Nobody's going to see my feet," Rory replied.

"Okay, but everybody knows that private school girls are bad. And bad girls always wear red nail polish," Lorelai said.

Victoria looked at her nails, which she painted black, because Nick did and she picked that up from him. "I thought bad girls wear black nail polish."

"That too," Lorelai said. "Are you two nervous?"

"Nervous?" Victoria asked, "What for?"

"About starting Chilton," Lorelai said.

"Well I wasn't until heard about all those bad girls," Rory said.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you," Victoria joked.

"I wouldn't call you a bad girl though," Rory replied. "You're rude and grumpy, but you're mostly a teddy bear."

Victoria wasn't sure if she should be offended or flattered.

"You guys! XTC, Apple Venus Volume 2!" Lane ran into the house with a CD.

"Oh, woo! Nails done!" Lorelai said, going in the house after Lane.

"But you only finished half my toes!" Rory called after her.

Lorelai yelled, "Tori can finish them if she wants! Besides you're going to be wearing shoes anyway!"

Music started playing from inside the house.