⑧. 𝐖𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐧𝐨𝐰

Victoria didn't care too much for town meetings

Victoria didn't care too much for town meetings. It usually started with Taylor bitching about how his customers were being unfairly ticketed.

Gabby whispered, "That's because he just wants to park there all day."

Victoria nodded, "Yeah." August was sitting next to her and holding her hand, because they were in a very heated thumb wrestling game. So far, August had won three games and Victoria had won two. She was hoping to end the meeting with a tie.

Rory was sitting in the seat in front of her.

Whatever else was said went ignored as Victoria continued her thumb wrestling match.

"The town meeting will come to order," Miss Patty said.

"No one is listening to me," Taylor stated.

"Oh, Taylor, calm down," Miss Patty stated.

"I can't calm down, I'm being persecuted," Taylor ranted.

"I promise that we hear you," Miss Patty told him.

Andrew stated, "We've been hearing you for twenty minutes."

That explained why Victoria tuned out without three minutes in Taylor's ranting.

"Well, excuse me Andrew, but some of us have businesses to run that don't involve peddling drug paraphernalia to kids," Taylor countered.

"It was a lava lamp, Taylor," Andrew countered.

"There is no use for a lava lamp unless you're on drugs," Taylor replied.

"I bought the lava lamp because I thought it was cool," Jan stated, crossing her arms.

Miss Patty interjected, "Now we've already agreed to look into your accusations, let's just move on..."

Lorelai handed Victoria a cup and a paper bag that had French fries in it.

Victoria didn't care to much for eating during town meetings, mostly because meetings ended quickly.