Love Is In These Walls

//^ Tw: Language ^\\

Wilbur POV :

I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling, unsure what to do. I could go back to my burger van, but I don't have any energy to get out of bed. The only thing that I have off right now is my shirt. This room is so cold, why do I even have it off in the first place? Strange.

Phil yells my name as I groan and get up.

"What is it!?" I yell back.

"Connor's at the door! He said he needed you!"

'Connor?... Connor!'

I sprint out of my room and run to the door, smiling. I look at Connor standing in front of the door as he suddenly takes my wrist and walks out of the house.

"So I thought of something and I'm sure you would like it!" Connor excitedly proposed.

"So what is it?" I questioned impatiently.

"What if I... Locked you and Quackity together, alone, in a room for a day? What do you think about that?"

I smile with pure joy and hug Connor tightly. "It's the perfect plan! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"You don't have to thank me, I'm a wingman. It's my job."

"You aren't an actu-"

"Don't ruin my pride." Connor holds a finger gun towards me.

"Yeah, alright, but again, thank you!"

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

POV : Quackity

'Ah, almost time for my break. Wonder how that'll be this time.Usually when I take my break, things get busy. It's also probably going to be noisy like it always is'

I continue working on my terribly boring paperwork, wondering whenever life will ever get interesting. It's all just work and fights. Boring shit like usual.

I hear a knock at my door and tell whoever's outside to enter the room. A literal second later Connor enters the room.

"Hello, what may I do for you." I blankly ask.

"When it's break time, can you go to the lounge? I have something to show you." Connor replies.

I nod, "Alright. Is that all?"

"Yup!"

I watch him leave. Break should be in about 3 minutes so I guess I'll pass the time doing a bit more boring paperwork.

.

.

.

My timer goes off, I get up, and stretch.

"Finally," I said to myself.

I push my chair in and walk out my door, remembering that Connor told me to meet him at the lounge, so I decide to walk there to see what he needs.

As I approached him, he seemed to be laying down on one of the couches, quietly talking to himself. Unsure what he was saying, I walked up to him anyway.

"Oh, hey, you're here!" Connor says as he excitedly gets up.

"Yeah, like you asked." I responded.

Connor smiles, "Want to talk while we head to the surprise?"

"Sure. So, what do you want to talk about?"

Connor was thinking of what to say.

"Well, about how you're doing. After you know, Slime."

I look away and sigh, we start to walk around. I just follow him.

"I've been way more bored...and sad. After Slime passed, things seemed to be more depressing. He was always trying to cheer me up. He was stupid and he didn't care or know about anything. He really knew how to make me happy though."

"Ever since his death, things are also more vacant and sometimes I can hear him. It's always just my mind playing tricks on me, though..."

"He always knew how to make work fun. I don't know why I was almost always annoyed by him, I honestly regret being so rude to him."

I find myself cracking up and feel a tear stream down my face.

"You okay?" Connor asks.

"I'm fine. It's nothing really."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure." I seem to be getting a little annoyed with Connor.

I notice we're in a hallway that isn't furnished and I get a little bit suspicious.

"Where are we?" I ask.

"Oh I didn't notice!", Connor replies.

"Huh."

We pass a door and Connor falls, knocking me over into the room and I accidentally close the door. I quickly get up and try to open the room, but it's locked.

"Hey! Let me out!" I yell.

"What?? I can't open the door!!"

I see the knob of the door turning, but it's always a failure. I see the door being pushed and pulled, but nothing works. I turn around to see Wilbur standing behind me smiling.

I stare at him surprised that he's there.

He approaches me and I try to get away but he grabs me and quickly hugs me. I look at his face, and he's smiling. But it's one of those smiles like a child getting a present they've always wanted.

I try to get out of his grasp but he pulls me closer. I could hear the beat of his heart and God, it was loud. He must be really happy to have me in his arms. But I don't know why.

I could feel his warmth. It was comfortable, but I'd never admit that. I look away and he kisses my cheek making me flinch and hit him.

He laughs at my instinct, and lets me go. His laugh sounded so stupid, it makes me want to punch him. I walk away from him and I sit down in one of the corners facing away from him, staring at the wall.

I hear him sit next to me and I feel a hand creep to my back. I look at him, and flip him off. He frowns and moves closer to me, hugging me once again. I try to ignore it, but it's really getting on my nerves. I look back at the corner and lean my head on the wall. I feel his hands wrap around my waist and he picks me up.

"Hey! What the fuck are you doi-", I yell as I rudely get interrupted from him putting me on his lap. He wraps his arms around me and cuddles me.

I look at him weirdly, and he smiles at me.

"Just deal with it, Ducky." He says to me,

I roll my eyes and slightly punch him. I couldn't fully punch him because my arms are currently occupied and I really can't move my way out. He was strong enough for me not to get out of his grasp.

I decided to forfeit and stay there. He pulls me in closer and I'm greeted by his overwhelmingly warm body.

He pats me on the head and rubs my back. I'm already insanely tired from work, but I can't fall asleep here. I try not to sleep as hard as I can, but I can't keep myself together, this was such an amazing opportunity to just rest.

I try to stay up, but only a few minutes after my horrible attempt, sleep consumes me and I fall asleep on him... Shamefully.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Wilbur POV :

I watch Quackity go to sleep after I try to comfort him. This was exactly what I wanted. Him to be on my lap, in my arms, sleeping soundly. He's so cute like this, I don't ever want Quackity to leave my arms. This is what I dreamt of, him to sleep on me, smiling.

I caress his cheek and kiss his forehead. I would kiss him, but I want to kiss him whenever he's actually willing to kiss me back. It'd be perfect.

This is all I've wanted, him to be in my arms. Us lying together without a care in the world.

I wonder if he really does like me after all.

(1215 Words)