Chapter 1: New Beginning

I'm pretty hyped while reading and reviewing this, so I tried to make sure it's alright to read and feel entertained. Hope you enjoy-!

——

Opening his eyes, Sunny looks around to see a place that he never seen before. A blue room with curtains as walls and lights shining to reveal the whole setting. In the middle is an old man with a hunched back, long nose, and large eyes, sitting next to a table. He never saw this person before, not even in the dreams he ever recalled. But if there is a reason for him to be here, then he should hear this man out.

"Welcome to the Velvet Room," he said, "My name is Igor and I am here to send a message to you."

Sunny raises his eyebrows, trying to speak to Igor.

"I know this is unexpected for you to be here, but fear not, this is taking place in a dream. It seems that your fate is taken to an interesting turn, especially with the realms of your mind starting to form into an amalgamation of dreams and fears. Meaning there are many cases that you have yet to overcome."

He tries to figure out what he meant. What does he mean that there are some things he hasn't let go?

"Of course, it is for you to search before you can start, as your potential is yet to be made. You might find it difficult to take in from past events you dealt with. However, the deepest pits of your mind hold secrets that have yet to be revealed."

Another thing that is mentioned brings Sunny more questions than answers. What was the potential that Igor mentioned?

"Oh, it seems that our meeting is coming to an end, unfortunately. But before you go, please keep this message in mind and we will eventually meet again. Until then, farewell, Dreamer."

Sunny opened his mouth to protest, but his eyes start to fall heavy, drifting back to reality.

Sunday 9/07

Today is the day that Sunny is moving away from his hometown. He didn't want to at first, since he has to go far away from his friends. Sunny doesn't seem to have a choice, since his mom said that a new type of environment would be a breath of fresh air after a while. They were to move to Nearby City, something that Sunny would guess last. He has never been to a city before and thinking about it is anxiety-inducing. Of course, he doesn't want this to get the better of him, so he tries to dismiss it.

Sunny is currently packing up his belongings and bringing them to the trunk of the car. He puts his last box in and wipes some sweat off his brows, stretching his back after all of the carrying he's done. Then, he heard running footsteps behind and he looked back to see his group of friends coming by.

"Sunny!" Kel shouts as he stops in front of him, with everyone else following.

"Kel, guys," Sunny spoke, "What are you doing here?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Aubrey said, "We came here just to say goodbye before you leave."

"We can't just stay away and not see you for the last time," Basil added, "It wouldn't be the best thing to do."

"At least we're able to make it," Hero said, "Though it is sad that we have to meet each other like this now."

"You know... we can always talk to each other with our phones," Sunny pointed out, "It's not really a goodbye."

"I know, but still," Kel huffs, "This is your departure after all, so we have to come here."

Sunny widen his eye, "You don't have to... but thank you," he gives a small smile, "At least we're able to see each other."