Chapter 4: Blossoming Path

The work of this chapter is a bit complicated, but I did try to make sure it is written okay.

So this chapter is more of a filler if I can put it and an attempt in a social link/confidant event.

Also, I do need to find a way to start on what might happen in the next chapter, so it's what I can do.

——

Thursday 9/11

Sunny opens his eyes, being greeted by sunlight shining through the window. He sat up from his bed and he yawned quietly, rubbing his eyes after his rest. He then looks down for Yu at the futon but finds it empty. Sunny sat up to stretch, groaning from the feeling before relaxing. He is about to get off the bed when his vision is set on a familiar figure at the side of the mattress. His pale arms rested on the sheets with his head on top of them. Sunny quietly gasps, then wiping his eyes again thinking he's seeing things. When looking back, he is still there.

"Morpheus?" Sunny said quietly.

Morpheus shifts his head to see Sunny, "Oh, you're finally awake," he smiles, "Sleeping well?"

"How am I supposed to answer that when I know what is going on there?"

"Experience with sleep whether in dreams or reality would matter."

"I suppose so..." Sunny scratches his head, "Wait, how do you even get here?"

"I won't say that being here is exact because I'm only for you to see. This occurs because you are in access to your dreams."

"Makes sense, since I don't want my mom to freak out when she sees you."

"Am I that frightening?" Morpheus tilts his head.

"Not really, but the way you fight is."

"I am your other self, everything I do is reflected in your thoughts and actions."

"Right. Then if you're here because I have access to the Dream World, would Izanagi be with Narukami too?"

"Yes, I saw him looming over Yu before he woke up."

"I think Narukami is still questioning how Izanagi is here. I should probably clear this up for him."

"It's for the best," Morpheus nodded.

"So if you were here now, it is possible that you can interact with the Real World."

"Technically yes, I can easily pick up anything from my surroundings. Though I believe it's going to cause a stir if anyone outside of the Dream World saw a floating item."

"That is what I fear most..."

"You shouldn't worry about it. I'll limit the ability when we're in public or with any strangers on the premise. You can take my word for it."

"I suppose I'll trust that."

Sunny then picked up a scent of cooked food coming from the outside. He immediately knew that Yu is preparing breakfast, much to his excitement. He got off his bed with Morpheus following behind, exiting and entering the dining room. Sunny found Yu placing plates of food on the table, wiping some sweat off his brows. Izanagi is sitting at one of the chairs observing his user. Yu looks up to his sleepy friend close by.