Chapter 6: Deep Within the Forest

Hey, it's been a while. It's pretty hard trying to update the story as much as I can, but you know how busy I am as of now. But of course, it doesn't mean that I won't give up on it. Hope this makes up to what you been waiting for. Enjoy reading.

——

Sunny opens his eyes to see a blank white ceiling above him. He's back in White Space as he expected, knowing he won't be attacked by Shadows out of nowhere anymore. He sat to look around, seeing Omori at his laptop watching something. Yu is nowhere to be seen, however, assuming that he woke up earlier and got out to look for Yosuke. He sighs and decides to go next to Omori to wait for the two.

"Hey Omori," Sunny greeted, "How's life been treating you?"

"It's been better," he replied, "This place started to become more lively," Omori pointed to his left, referring to Morpheus and Izanagi chatting not far away, "Though I prefer some quiet with Mewo, some company here would help me through this."

"Yeah, don't want to live in the same old day again."

"Now you start to realize after four years."

"What do you mean? At least this helps me out from what I have been dealing with," Sunny raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah, but not for a good reason. You're here so you can help Basil, so who knows what is going to happen."

"Yeah, you're right. We'll try to make the visits here worth something more."

The door opens suddenly and the two look up to see Yu holding Yosuke, propping the other's arm around his shoulder and holding him. The look on Yosuke's face says it all, his visage distorted in fear.

"You're back," Sunny ran up to Yu, "Is Hanamura okay, is he hurt?"

"He's fine," Yu said, "Just not in a good spot after coming here."

"Okay, let him rest to calm down."

Yu nodded and settled Yosuke on the ground so he to relax. He sat next to his partner, petting his hair to calm him down a little more.

"Do you think Yosuke is going to be okay?" Yu asked.

"He'll be fine," Omori replied, "Since you saved him from succumbing to his fear, he'll be back on his feet soon."

"It's just... I don't know if this experience is that bad for him."

"People have fears and they can depend on each one. However, they affect them the same way, helpless and unmoving from being confronted by them. If they were to remove themselves from that fear and overcome what made them suffer, they can move onward."

"Is there a way to overcome our fears?"

"There is, but as of now, it seems to be inescapable. Hence, you would've succumbed to your fear and never return. Unless assistance is there to pull you out of it. So the only way to avoid this for outsiders is these lightbulbs."

"I see..." Yu trails off.

"But for me to overcome my fears is something I learned not long ago," Sunny said, "So, would it be possible for any outsiders to use these methods to escape them?"

"They can, but do you remember there are times when you can't do it?" Omori replied.

"Oh yeah... I did try to calm down a few times but all it did was make things worse. So, do these types of fears affect them like what happened to me?"