Chapter 7: A Step Ahead

Merry Christmas and happy 3 year anniversary of Omori-! I want to publish this chapter as of today to make this special, so I tried my best catch up to it. Since I'm still on break from college, I used some bit of time to complete it.

——

Sunday 9/21

Sunny shuffles himself awake when the sunlight hits his eyes, sitting up to stretch after his sleep. He yawned from the feeling and ruffled his hair then wiped his eyes. Sunny looks down at the futon to see Yu and Yosuke still sleeping. Yosuke's limbs are toppled over Yu's torso, snoring loudly. Yu seemed to sleep still like he was made of stone, his face made it seem like he dealt with this before. Sunny chuckles at the sight, Yosuke does remind him of Kel.

Sunny catches sight of Morpheus leaning close to the edge of the couch, looking in another direction. Then, he saw Izanagi lying next to Yu in the same still position as his other self. Close to Yu is Jiraiya lying close to Yosuke, using one of his large hands to play with his user's hair. Since Yosuke gained access to the Dream World, Jiraiya came into existence to reality. Sunny thinks that he'll explain this to him when he wakes up, and the same to Basil too.

Sunny gets off of the couch and Morpheus follows to exit the room, going downstairs to walk to the kitchen. Sunny thought he could prepare a simple breakfast for them to eat before they could do something for the day. He searched through the fridge for anything he could use to cook until he heard someone's footsteps close by. Sunny looked to his left to see a sleepy Nanako by the hallway.

"Oh, good morning, Nanako," Sunny greeted.

"Good morning, Sunny," she said while yawning, "What are you doing?"

"I'm about to make breakfast since Yu and Hanamura are still asleep," Sunny replied.

"Oh okay," she hummed in thought, "Is it okay if I can help?"

"Sure, but you have to be careful while we're at it though."

"It's fine, Big Bro teaches me how to cook and I can be careful."

"Alright, that's good," Sunny said, then looked back inside the fridge, "By the way, do you have any ideas on what we can make?"

"Hm... how about pancakes?" Nanako suggested.

"Oh they're delicious and easy to make," Sunny nodded, "I'll gather any ingredients that we need for them and we'll get started."

Nanako nodded as well then walked to the kitchen excitedly. Sunny grabs the milk, eggs, and butter out of the fridge and places them on the table, then searches through the cabinets for any flour.

"Nanako, can you get a bowl, a pan, and a measuring cup while I find any flour?" he asked.

Nanako nodded and she went to one of the cabinets to get the utensils. She puts the pan on one of the burners of the oven and places the bowl and measuring cup on the table. After a moment, Sunny manages to find a bag of flour and goes to the table with Nanako.

"Alright, I'll have to recall any measurements needed for making pancakes though," Sunny said, "Unless Yu had it recorded somewhere..."

"He does," Nanako remarked, "Big Bro kept it somewhere on the counter. It's not hard to miss."

"Thanks, Nanako, I'll look for it then."

Sunny walks to the counter to search for a recipe, having to push through a few slips of paper lying around. Then, he spots a small sticky note on the surface and he takes it out. Sunny looks through the words to see "pancakes" underlined as the title with measurements listed underneath. That's when Sunny knew he found what he needed and met up with Nanako with the note.