Chapter 5: Wilted Flower

Have been trying to get all of this together now I'm returning to college. This means I'm going to be busy at this time. Please bear with me if updates are slow.

——

Monday 9/15

Sunny and Morpheus enter the apartment after a day of school, stretching their back after a while. When Sunny's eye is set on the balcony, he reminds himself about the sunflower he planted days ago. He walks to the glass doors and slides them open to step outside, then he peeks out to see a few green leaves in the middle of the potted soil.

He gasps quietly and takes a closer look, watching the sprout move from the wind. He smiles to himself at the sight and takes out his phone to take a picture. Sunny wants to show it to Basil, knowing for a fact that he'll be happy about the news. Sunny opens Basil's chat log and sends him the picture.

———

Basil

*sunflowersprout.jpeg*
I have officially succeeded in caring for a plant.

Basil: Really? That's amazing!
It looks healthy, so keep on doing what you usually do.

By the way, how long does a sunflower fully mature?

Basil: Typically around 80 to 120 days, so it does take a while.
Judging from the appearance, it is around 3 days old, so we have a lot to wait.

But I don't wanna wait.

Basil: I know how it feels, but remember what I said.
You have to be patient and always take good care of it.
Eventually, it will grow into a flower like you'd expect.

Okay, I'll keep going through with it.

Basil: Great, good luck!

———

Sunny puts his phone in his pocket and grabs the can to water the plant. He makes sure that the plant is close to the sunlight so it can easily grow. With everything done, Sunny stood up and walked inside his house, going to relax for the entire day.

*|*|*

After an exchange with Sunny, Basil settles his phone next to him. He sighs exasperated, bundling his blankets to surround himself. Basil has been feeling off for a few days, but he can't pinpoint the reason for happening. This feeling of anxiety is getting worse as time goes on. There are times when he gets headaches without any warning, almost making him bedridden. Throughout the time, Basil can hear things that weren't there as well.

Basil held his head from the current migraine, "Why does it keep coming back?" he thought, "There's no way it's going to haunt me again, we already accepted what happened. What did I even miss?"

Before Basil can continue pondering, he hears Aubrey calling for him across the house.

"Hey Basil, do you want to come along with me and Kel?" Aubrey asked.

"Yeah sure, I'll be here," Basil replied.

Basil takes a look at the bottle of painkillers beside him and takes one pill with a sip of water. He removes himself from the bed and exits out of his room, then walks through the hallway to the living room. Basil opens the front door to see Kel and Aubrey outside waiting for him.

"Hey, you made it," Kel said, "We're going to the playground with the others, so I thought you could come along."

"Yeah, sure, it's fine," Basil replied.