Sticking to the plan

Double update for being inactive for so long

Sebastian chased after Duke but lost track of him pretty quickly; he looked left and right before seeing him turn the corner going to the soccer field.

"HEY DUKE! Hey...Duke...hey, wow, l am so unfit; how the heck? I legit run for hours every day," Sebastian said as he made his way to Duke.

Duke turned around, looking red from all the emotions he was trying to bottle up. He looked like he was about to release all his pumped-up emotion on Sebastian.

"I will get you that date!" Sebastian quickly yelled out before Duke could speak.

"With Olivia, just like l promised", Sebastian explained after seeing Duke's confused look. Taken in Duke's apprehensive face, he ranted on.

"You know, since nothing is going on between us, this is the only way l can truly prove it."

"Alright, if l get a date with Olivia, we are cool", Duke accepted.

'Ok perfect all l need to do is get Olivia to go on one date with Duke, and after everything that's gone on today, she kinda owes me.' Sebastian thought as he made his way back to the cafeteria. Waiting for lunch to end as Olivia always goes to the bathroom 10 minutes before, a habit he's identified from all the lunches Sebastian and Olivia would spend checking in on each other from across the cafeteria.

Just like normal, Olivia heads out 10 minutes before lunch ends but doesn't get to her desired destination as Sebastian pulls her into a hidden stairwell.

"Hey, sorry to drag you here, but l need to talk to you" He looks into Olivia's eyes to make sure she is all good before continuing.

"Things with Duke have been a mess, and now it's affecting the team, and...and l was wondering if maybe you could go out on a date with Duke, just one is all l need so that people can get off our backs and things with the team can go back to normal.

Olivia takes a second for her brain to function, too focused on his lips and just how unbelievably soft they are, and then gets sidetracked with the memory of his lips. Snapping out of her trance, it becomes abundantly clear that she needs to get over her feeling for Sebastian. He is clearly not interested if the rejection was anything to go by and just further proven by him trying to get her to go out with Duke. So, she agrees as she needs to get over her feelings.

Sebastian blinks in shock, not expecting Olivia to agree so quickly, the lack of pushback has him standing still for a second longer than normal, but could you blame him? Olivia has been adamant about not liking Duke and confessed to feelings for him earlier that week. Trying not to get too hung up about Olivia's quick acceptance Sebastian gave her a quick smile and then went on his way to Algebra.

Olivia managed to find Duke in the hallway after classes were done for the day. She didn't want to make Duke question her sudden wish to spend more time with him than the usual two words they spoke a week; she made sure to turn up her charm, hoping that he would get the hint and ask her out.

Maybe it was her earlier rejection of him that made him not even try to ask Olivia out because what else could it be? She has never flirted so obnoxiously in her life, going on about his big arms; she doesn't even like big arms. She thinks that Sebastian's got the best arms; there slim but still toned, not like the other jocks on the team, but she lies anyways and bats her lashes for much longer than she's willing to admit before finally biting the bullet and asking Duke out herself since he was clearly not getting the hint.

Sebastian chilling in his room after spending time wondering how and when Olivia was going to get a date with Duke, she seemed confident enough to ask herself, but he doesn't think she's ever had to. Suddenly Duke bursts into the room and starts celebrating and grabs Sebastian's face, pulling his cheeks like every grandma in the world has done to their grandkids. He goes on and on about what Olivia said and how she caressed his arm and even asked him out. He even thanked Sebastian for whatever he said that made Olivia have a change of heart and be, as he says, "head over heels" for him.