Violets

With the coming up science convention, Olivia and Sebastian have been spending even more time with each other, and for two people that have very complicated feelings for each other it's fair to say that every session starts off extremely awkward but somehow they manage to get in a pattern, usually, when the clock hits 8 and they have been in each other's presence for a couple of minutes, they always find a way to just create a comforting space for one another, and they will talk and be able to get work done something the old Viola has always struggled with but somehow it's different with Olivia, maybe it because Sebastian has caught themselves staring at Olivia one too many times, so it's better for them to keep their head down and focus on the work. It would be all work no play, something that has literally never happened when Sebastian works, old Viola or not but Olivia seems to have different plans, asking Sebastian about soccer which led them to discuss how they first fell in love with the sport.

"I was pretty teeny when l was a kid believe it or not" Sebastian jokes

Olivia starts grinning at the thought of a baby Sebastian running around, pushing a soccer ball that was probably half the size of him, the thought makes her giggle.

Sebastian looks at her with a boyish grin, the one that only he could pull off, Olivia had always thought it made boys look as though they had zero brain cells in their heads, but Sebastian was able to make it charming.

Olivia was too lost in her thoughts to notice how Sebastian's face shifted ever so slightly from something keen to fondness to something different, stronger.

"As much as l tried to hold my own in a game of ruby the playing got too rough with the kids in my school." Sebastian continued "Don't get me wrong l am no quitter, so it didn't come to an end, that was until the day l went home with a black eye."

Olivia audibly gasped at the news and Sebastian instinctively grabbed her hand in an effort to comfort her, not really thinking much about it until after the fact, until they felt Olivia freeze. Sebastian was about to let go with a string of apologies when Olivia squeezed Sebastian's hand and sent him a smile, Sebastian returned the smile and continued the story.

"My mum had enough, and stormed off to the school, l didn't see her till an hour later when she informed me that she had signed me up for after-school soccer."

Sebastian noticed the confused look on Olivia's face, so they continued.

"My mum knew l would never give up playing whatever sports l could with my mates and she went and found the least physical contact one as possible, l started the next day and haven't stopped since."

"In fact, l still have my first ever soccer ball, l keep it next to my bed," Sebastian admitted with a blush, rubbing the back of their head in a hope that it wasn't obvious that they had just admitted a secret not many knew.

Somehow Olivia was able to catch on, not wanting Sebastian to feel embarrassed around her, she shares that she still sleeps with her childhood stuffed bear.

"He's yellow with a white belly and has a flower on in left ear, Mr Cuddlesworth is hidden in my bottom draw, couldn't have my roommate find out." Olivia shares and Sebastian almost spills that they have the same bear in purple.

They soon finish up, seeing how quickly the time has gone by. Sebastian sees how dark it has gotten and offers to walk Olivia to her dorm.

On the walk back they make idle chat until they go past some violets near the side of the library.

"Violets are my favourite" Olivia shares

Sebastian nodes at new information, and reaches down to grab one for her, handing it to her with a smile and continue walking as though nothing happened. Olivia is frozen in shock, taken aback by Sebastian's actions. It's not that the action was some big grand gesture but maybe that's what shocked her the most, that she had simply said that she liked violets and he gave her one instead of just nodding at the information and carrying on.

Olivia quickly caught up with Sebastian once she noticed that they had stopped in their tracks, waiting for her.

The walk back to Olivia's was shorter than wanted not that either would admit it. Those thoughts, although shared were simply not meant for the other to know. Stopping at Olivia's door, both wishing to say something but neither saying a word, Olivia looked down and her violet while Sebastian looked down at her, both with loving smiles on their face. Olivia looked up finally ready to say goodbye, only to get stuck looking in Sebastian's eyes, their smiles only grew wider, yet a word was still yet to be spilt, as though their eyes said it all. They eventually said their goodbyes, their moment interrupted by Olivia's roommate opening the door, on her way to the showers.

Sebastian's head was filled with questions and panicked thoughts that not even a night stroll could solve. Olivia was laying on her bed second guessing if her feelings were one-sided after all.

I genuinely have no clue how people write so much in one chapter.

Also l have been reading Shoni (The Wilds) fanfics and all the unfinished works was upsetting me so thats legit why this updates exists.

I also want to write a Shoni fic were they are both lowkey toxic to eachother and Shelby thinks she's got Toni around her finger but due to all the shit Toni has been through she's able to just emotionally check out and Shelby feels she has nothing she can control anymore. I kind of know the set up but not to sure if it will be a highschool situation or maybe Shelby is like married or something.