Chapter 12: Man.

Alastor, half-awake and concerned, had placed a comforting arm around Bill's shoulders as he watched him drift off again. He pulled the tortilla-chip man closer to him. What could have caused such a reaction from Bill? That man had seen everything- literally. Perhaps that small existential episode that Bill had prior to napping had something to do with it? Perhaps it all traced back to that hourglass? Alastor couldn't be certain, but what he did know was that he felt the odd need to comfort Bill after whatever had happened.

As if to snap Al's attention back to what was immediately in front of him, Bill shifted in his sleep, wrapping his arms around Al's waist as if it were an anime body pillow with a soft smile and tired hum. The strawberry-dressed man couldn't help but smile in a more tender manner than usual at this gesture. Seeing such a change in tune so fast certainly allowed Al peace of mind that the gloomy reaction prior wouldn't stick around.

Al used his other arm to fully embrace Bill, placing his head on top of the other's. He slowly allowed himself to drift back to sleep in a foggy state of happiness, knowing that his close friend will be just fine- but he should probably also get rid of that hourglass.

(So. I am back after an impromptu hiatus. I have not written in a while, so this is just a warmup chapter for what's to come- THE HALL0WEEN CHAPTERRRRRR!!! See yall soon! For real this time lol!!!)