Chapter 3: End My Existence

[Okay so I was dealing with some stuff and then forgot about this fic entirely. That is, until I checked my email and saw two comments on this thing. Thank y'all? And please do note: if you ever have a suggestion, don't hesitate to tell me.]

It was a nice morning in the Traffic Light household, and everyone was still asleep. Well, almost everyone. Bill had been up all night, having an existential crisis. You'd think this'd be impossible for a god-like being to be having, but it was actually quite common. But within this state of dread, he had a realization: why was he staying in a human form? He usually looked like a Cool Ranch Dorito with a weird eye, a top hat, and stick arms and legs. Why was he now a humanoid with a triangle eye patch, two-toned hair, and a snazzy yellow suit with a brick pattern? Why was he so lanky? He could change at any time, so why not change?

The answer came to him when he did try to change- he couldn't. Something about this house made him physically unable to change. He was mildly disgruntled by this, but not too much. He was just stuck in this e-boy form. Maybe it was for the better, he didn't want to scare the other two, after all.

"Wait," Bill said to no one in particular, "Why the hell would I care? I'm a god of chaos, and I never let anything get in my way. So why would my emotions get in the way of  me terrorizing them?" He knew the reason, but he didn't want to admit it. He didn't want to say that he considered them to be friends.

A  frantic knock at his door snapped him from his thoughts. He looked at the door as it opened to reveal Onceler anxiously standing in the hall. The green man hastily ran in and shut the door behind him. Bill raised a brow.

"No time to explain- hide me now."

"Alright, get in the closet."

"Ugh, do I have to be in a closet again?" Onceler made a gay joke at the wrong time, because there was the odd sound of static growing nearer. Bill, though more confused,  pointed to the closet with a stern look.

"In. Now." Onceler gulped and nodded. He hopped in the closet and hid behind the long coats. Just then, Alastor busted through the door, wearing a thneed suit. Bill snickered a bit, realizing and coming to terms with the fact that he cares about these people.

[So this was a bit more of a heavy chapter I guess but this is a slow burn so you can't expect all fun all the time.]