The contract to end all contracts

"Sir", Zhongli turned to face the guard standing at the side of the gate. "Her Royal Highness the Tsaritsa indicates that you are welcome to enter."

"Thank you."

The gates began to creak as they opened. They were tall, emphasizing the high ceiling of Snezhnaya's palace. An excessively large construction for Zhongli, the Geo Archon, who was more accustomed to low ceilings and warm colors. Between the gates the light of the throne room was shining and in the distance the silhouette of the Tsaritsa, or as Zhongli knew her, Archon Cryo, could be seen.

Zhongli began to walk in the direction of the Tsaritsa. His slow but sure footsteps echoed in the huge hall. Ever since he ascended to Celestia, the Cryo Archon had always been the warmest and kindest of them all. After all, she was known as the Goddess of Love. Not long after, she began to form her own army, the Fatuus, and distanced herself from the Seven. Rumors and controversy began to surround the Archon and her decisions. Many people thought that she had become evil, others, however, defended that she did not kill for no reason. He himself had seen actions by the Fatuus that had not pleased him, but who was he to judge? In fact, the reason for his visit was to, somehow, support this cause against the Celestial Order.

"Morax", the Tsaritsa greeted.

"Sitri. You can call me Zhongli", the Geo Archon introduced himself. In this human form he was not identified with Morax, especially with his past actions during the Archon War.

"So you call yourself Zhongli these days", Sitri smiled at him. "It has been many years since we met. Tell me, to what do I owe this honor?"

"I would like to negotiate a contract."

"Oh, I see. You haven't changed a bit, old friend", Sitri expected nothing less from the God of Contracts. Not that Zhongli would pay her a visit from time to time, if he was there it was for business, no doubt about it. "Go ahead", she encouraged him to proceed even though she had an idea around what it might be about.

"I know you intend rebelling against Celestia and hence want to get all the Gnosis. I propose to exchange your help and protection for my Gnosis", Zhongli began.

"As clever as ever, Morax. Tell me, what is it all about?", Sitri was truly expectant. Morax had been leading his nation, Liyue, for over 6000 years. In all that time, he had been able to protect his people from major conflicts, such as the well-known Archon War, not that he needed any help.

"One drizzly day, I was strolling about Liyue Harbor, and overheard a merchant telling one of his workers: 'You've finished your duties, go ahead and call it a day.' I couldn't help but stand amidst the milling crowd, wondering 'Have I... already finished my duties?' During my life I have closed many contracts but one could say that there is only one that to this day is still active: the contract with Celestia, ruling over Liyue. However, since the end of the Archon War, Liyue has belonged to its people. The time of the Adepti is ending and the time of the mankind is slowly dawning. And, thus, it has to be the very end of Rex Lapis. The Seven Stars of Liyue Qixing are fully prepared for it. For that purpose, this negotiation will be the contract to end all contracts."

Zhongli remained calm, explaining everything carefully. The Tsaritsa was listening to each and every one of his words. She had always admired Morax. Even if he was known for his strength in combat, over the last few years he had shown that he did not only possess this quality. He has been able to transfer his knowledge so that the civilization of Liyue would prosper, standing out from the nations of Teyvat. For her it was worth admiring this change, how despite his longevity and his block-head and brutish reputation, he has worked to evolve and improve, delegating power over mortals. Somehow, the Geo Archon had realized that deities are not superior for it.