Souvenirs for Snezhnaya

On the way back to the Funeral Parlor Zhongli took the opportunity to stop by the Northland Bank. Since it was a quiet day he would take the occasion to see his friend Childe, if he was available. So he made his way up the red stairs to the building.

"Mr. Zhongli", greeted Ekaterina as soon as he walked through the door.

"Hello Ekaterina", Zhongli greeted back. "I was wondering if Childe is here."

"I have not seen him leave today. Give me a moment and I'll check." Ekaterina left the reception area and walked up the stairs on the side of the bank. Zhongli waited in the Bank's grand hall, admiring the intricate architecture and gold-plated details. It was fascinating how they had blended tints of Liyue and Snezhnaya with the different colors and shapes.

When Ekaterina returned, he turned to her and saw that she was accompanied. Childe was walking beside her carrying an envelope in his hand, which he deposited in the mailbox located near the reception desk when he passed by. He had a gentle, smiling expression - he was still Ajax, without any mask -. Zhongli felt warmth at seeing his friend like this. Childe waved to the consultant from halfway up the stairs.

"Zhongli!"

"Childe", he smiled back.

When Childe finished walking down the stairs he approached Zhongli and greeted him with a hug. Zhongli didn't know how to react, he had never been greeted like that before so he figured he should return the gesture. Childe laughed happily. When he pulled away he was still smiling.

"How are you doing?", asked Childe. Amber eyes looked at him carefully.

"I was wondering if you would be interested in accompanying me to the opera."

"Oh. Of course! When is it?" It was just the answer Zhongli had expected, they had been going to local shows together for a while now, though knowing what Childe was up to Zhongli wasn't sure it would be possible for him. "A merchant was talking in the street that tonight is the grand premiere of an opera about Rex Lapis. The renowned opera singer Yun Jin will be participating. However if you are busy they will have more dates available soon."

Zhongli was always interested in the operas of famous singers, especially if they were local. What piqued Childe's interest, however, was the mention of Rex Lapis. Apart from the spectacle, which he always appreciated, it could provide relevant information for the mission.

" Well tonight I'm free, let's go to the grand premiere", Childe replied with another smile. Zhongli smiled back at him. "I have some business to take care of first", at the subtle change in his friend's expression, he made sure there was no one from the Fatui that he considered a threat to his family and explained, "Oh, it's nothing. I want to prepare some gifts of local Liyue food for my brothers. Shall I pick you up at the Funeral Home later? Unless you want to accompany me."

"Sure, with pleasure."

Childe had left the food gifts for the last moment to prevent them from deteriorating before shipment. He had an idea of what he could buy but Zhongli was always a great help when it came to local products. Besides he had a very precise palate, he could distinguish any kind of flavor just by tasting it. Childe still remembered the time when after tasting a Fullmoon Egg, he looked for the chef to tell him the right amount of fish and prawns. Childe enjoyed cooking, but he couldn't reach that level of precision even with his mother's food, who had the advantage of knowing the recipes.

He waved his friend out of the Bank and the two headed out into the crowded streets of Liyue.

"I was not aware that you had siblings", Zhongli commented once outside the building.