Chapter 8

Jonathan tapped his pen against his ear as he looked at the paper in front of him. Jordan sat 2 desks away, messily scribbling on the page as he answered the questions. Jonathan wanted to cry. He didn't. He had done too much of that recently. Instead he sat there miserably, waiting as the clock ticked ever-so-slowly. He looked up at it and sighed. There was still 45 minutes left for him to finish this god-awful pop quiz, which he knew no content about.

He flipped through the pages of the quiz and occasionally wrote down an answer he thought might be correct, but after a while of doing that he stopped and instead drifted off into his mind, chin resting on his hand. Eventually, the teacher stood up and rang the bell in her hand. Jonathan looked up and placed his pen down on his page.

"Pens down." she spoke."And hold up your paper so I can come around and collect it." Jonathan grabbed his paper and handed it to her as she passed. Once she had collected Jordan's as well, the brother's turned to each other.

"How do you think you went?" Jordan whispered, sliding across into the seat next to Jonathan. He pulled his stuff across with him. Jonathan glared at him. "At least we have lunch after this." Jordan supplied helpfully.

"I guess." Jonathan replied quietly, he spun his pen in his hand, a nervous habit that he had had since he was little. He grabbed his glasses and was about to rip them off when Jordan stopped him. "Stop it!" He complained. "These glasses are so irritating."

"I know, Jon and I get it, but they're not like dad's which are just for show, they're actually to stop one of your powers activating."He whispered. Jonathan groaned, his eyes getting watery. Jordan looked over to the clock on wall and back to Jonathan. "Please don't take them off alright." Jonathan nodded, a tear slipped out of his eyes and trailed down his cheek. Jordan wiped it away, before getting up. He walked overtook the teacher and thanked god that she was one of his nicer teachers. She looked up at him.

"Yes Jordan?" She spoke politely, placing her pen down.

"Um, so my family is going through some stuff at that moment, and it's really taking a toll on Jonathan so I was wondering if I can take him for a walk quickly cause he's getting really upset." He lied. Mrs. Adams looked over to Jonathan and looked him over.

"Of course, I completely understand." She spoke. "Its nearly the end of the period, why don't you take your stuff, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Thank you." Jordan replied. He make his way through the rows of desks and back to his brother. Jonathan looked up at him and smiled. "C'mon Jon." Jordan spoke, grabbing his and Jonathan's books. "She said we can go for a walk." He helped his brother up and they both left the classroom.

"What's going on?" Jordan blurted as soon as they got out of the room. More tears slipped down Jonathan's face.

"It's too stressful, I don't like it." He cried. "I'm afraid someone's gonna find out about you or me." He whimpered.

Jordan sighed, glad that his brother had finally told him what was wrong. He had know that the glasses were partly it, but he also knew that there was something else going on. Jonathan bit his lip.

"Do you want to go home." Jordan asked. He knew they had nothing else important on. Jonathan nodded, twisting his hands together. "Okay." Jordan responded. He knew what his brother was going through. He had gone through the exact same thing. He stuffed his hand into his pocket as he and Jonathan stepped into the bathroom. After checking no one else was there, he flicked the ELT on. Clark was there in a moment.

"Boys, what's going on?" He scanned his 2 sons silently.

"Jonathan's really stressed and I think he should go home." Jordan spoke. Clark took in Jonathan and agreed.

"Do you want to come too?" Clark asked.

"Wait are you seriously asking we if I want to wag off school?" Jordan chucked.

"Yes, now make up your mind."

"Of course I do, but we need to get our bags first." Jordan responded. Clark nodded and the 3 left the bathroom. Jordan ran ahead and started to grab both his and Jonathan's stuff and Clark and Jonathan walked slower. Clark wrapped his arm around Jonathan.

"I know how stressful it can be Jon, everything but my super speed and super strength kicked in during high-school and I was really scared that people would find out and tell the whole world about me." He spoke.

"Really?" Jon inquired.

"Really." Clark responded. "Now c'mon lets go home and we can get takeaway or something to calm your nerves." He smiled at Jordan and Jonathan.

In one motion Jonathan was gone and the next Jordan.

When they reached home, Jordan and Jonathan both sunk into the couch.

Jordan switched on the tv as Jonathan curled up against him. Clark stood in the doorway and turned when he caught dark hair in the corner of his eye.

"What are they doing home so early?" She asked, leaning on the other side of the doorway.

"Jonathan was getting really stressed about his powers, and he was really upset, so Jordan called me and I brought them both home." He responded. Then he turned back to the boys. "Alright! Who wants pizza?" He spoke excitedly.

"I do!" They both yelled.

"The usual I presume?" He questioned, pretending to be a waiter. Jonathan laughed. Both boys nodded.

"Okay, thank you for your order, I think that it will be ready in 30-45 minutes." He spoke in the same tone.

As he left the room Lois followed him, chuckling.

"Despite what you think." She began. "You're a brilliant father."