prolouge

୧ ‧₊˚ 🌑 ⋅

" you're starring again angry ... " the older brother reminded his younger one. souya quickly jumped turning to look at his brother. " you think she noticed? " his question came out in a hushed whisper as his eyes widened with panic.

smiley shrugged. " no idea. you should just ask her out, before she thinks you're stalking her. " angry's  mouth slightly opened at the idea before he slowly shook his head. " she wouldn't think that. "

" who knows... all i know is she's coming over right now. "  

" WHAT? " he whisper yelled before he turned his head so fast his curls waving and recoiling rapidly. 

" hi souya. " the brown skinned girl smiled sweetly, her teeth showing in the process. " the teacher gave us a project, we need to pick partners. "

souya blinked at her a few times until he felt a tap on her shoulder and felt smiley whispering in his ear. " bro. she wants to be your partner. "

angrys mouth formed into an 'o' shape. " you wanna, work together? " the boy with blueberry hair asked.

" of course! we could work on this at my house? after school maybe? "

" yeah... yeah sure. sounds great. " he gave her a thumbs up and she smiled. "i'll send you the address on instagram."

...

" y/n. "

she hummed turning her head connecting her half lidded eyes with his blue cotton candy ones.

they both lie on an old blanket that they were 99% sure had holes in it. but it didn't matter to either of them, not when the full moon was shining illuminating both of their faces, the stars surrounding it only adding to the light.

its been 2— maybe 3 months since they worked on that project together, souya still not admitting the feelings he had for her.

as her gaze slowly fell upon his, he could only find himself studying her face, watching her plump lips slowly part in confusion. his hand slowly made his way up her arm and found its way to her cheek, shakily cupping it.

" souya, " her angelic voice brought him out of the trance he was in. her soft hand grasped his watching his mouth open and close, gears in his head almost stopping completely. " what's on your mind? " she almost whispered. 

souyas eyes flickered from her eyes to her mouth, once, twice and three times, his thumb tenderly stroking the skin on her cheek. in his eyes, she was practically fine china.

he hesitantly leaned in, close enough she could feel his breath on her mouth. his tounge grazed over his bottom lip. her  doe eyes blinking back into his as her warm coconut scent swirled around souya.

" can i? " was all he asked before she  leaned in, closing the invisible barrier that stood between souya and true happiness. his eyes flickered closed as he melted like butter on toast.

they both opened their eyes. " y/n..." he curly haired boy started.

" souya...? " she inquired raising an eyebrow at him.

" i really wanna... i really like you, y/n, and— fuck i hope this doesn't mess shit up. " the permanent scowl on his face reappearing.

" souya, you're such an idiot y'know that? " she murmured rubbing a thumb over the vein on his forehead. all souya could do was furrow his brows at the comment. a slight pout appearing on his face.

" i like you too." she smiled that beautiful fucking smile at him. the one that he saw in class one day, months and months before they ever talked. and instantly swooned, enough to make his face soften.

" be my boyfriend? " she asked moving her hand down to his cheek. a eye-crinkling smile spread across his face, almost making him appear like his brother.

" of course, " he said, turning his head over to give her palm a kiss, then her forehead, nose, the apples of both of her cheeks then finally, her lips. this kiss being shorter and softer than the last one.

y/n pulled away snuggling into his neck, inhaling a mix of the different products in his hair.