two

୧ ‧₊˚ 🌑 ⋅

you were waiting patiently at the gates of your school for souya to come out. you had already texted him letting him know that you wanted to meet up but... where was he?

you fidgeted with the hangnail on your thumb as your waited, slightly bouncing your feet. your school bag grew heavier on your shoulders and a pain was forming in your foot.

" fuck this. " you mumbled, walking away from your school and towards the path you take home.

" Y/N WAIIT " a familiar voice called.

" souya? " you questioned to yourself turning around. a tinge of irritation in your voice. the pitty pat of shoes coming in contact with concrete at a fast pace caught your ears making you turn around quickly to see a frantic blue-haired kawata running in your direction.

" im so fucking sorry y/n i got caught up and— " he cut himself off, bending over to catch his breath.

" and i—" he huffed.

" lost track of— " and puffed.

but no house was being blown down. he stood up to his full height, looking you in the eye. " i lost track of time, and i am so sorry about that. "

you blinked at him and sighed. " it's okay souya. i just really wanted to know... " you trailed of a bit, looking down " where were you? yesterday that is. "

" the gang. y'know, ex toman members and allat. draken just wanted us to meet up. "

" oh, okay " you smiled wrapping your arms around his torso, to which he slightly winced. your eyes made his way to his, concern lacing yours. " are you okay? are you hurt or something? " you ask letting go of him to investigate to which he pulls you back in. 

" of course im okay. im literally the blue ogre. " the nickname of his made you cringe. " ew. " you murmur into his shirt laughing slightly. " who gave you that nickname again? "

he paused, pouting.

" my brother. "

" makes sense. " you sigh and it's quiet for a moment. neither of you want it to end as souya subtly grips onto your shirt just a little bit tighter.

" souya? " you break the silence. and he hums in response.

" promise me you're not getting into any fights. " your voice is quiet afraid of the slight chance souya might not promise. might tell you that he's falling back into who he was in middle school and theres nothing you can do.

but like always, souya responds,

" i promise baby. " before leaning in and pressing his slightly chapped lips against the space behind your ear, making you squirm and smile. his words are sweet like honey, making you melt further into him every single time.

you feel safe, like you always do. because it's souya.

"i love you."

your souya kawata.

" i love you more, souya. "

" you wanna head to my house? " he suddenly spoke up, his blueberry eyes piercing into yours.

you thought for a second a slight pout on your face." i'm gonna have to call my mom and ask. " you said watching a sly smile creep up on his face.

he shrugged. " she'll say yes. she loves me after all. " he leaned in booping your nose with his.

" c'mon, " he let go, slightly jerking his head in the direction to the exit of the school.

...

its late. really late, the clouds appearing as dark puffs of smoke in the night sky, only covering the bright moon ever so slightly.

souya, snuggled further and further into your chest as the night ventured on. you however, just couldn't seem to sleep. like some unknown force was stopping you from closing your eyes and entering dream land. it was torture, a slow one that you knew you'd pay for in the morning.

a slight snore erupted from souya, causing your attention to shift to him. his pale face glistening from the slight sweat coming from his hairline underneath his bonnet. souya's always been a night sweater. scared to cuddle with you the first time the two of you spent the night together. it was stupid honestly, him thinking a little bit of sweat would disgust you. you smile at the memory, twisting the small coils that peaked out.

a beeping sound followed by a flash of light got your attention. it came from souya's phone on the nightstand. you ignored it opting to try and go to sleep, knowing good and well you had school tomorrow.

your eyes closed, body relaxing into souya's bed hugging his body closer to yours. it was quiet—peaceful, for a few seconds. until another beeping noise erupted from his phone. your eyebrows kissed in confusion as you open your eyes. the textured ceiling looking right back at you.

then another beeping noise came,

along with another,

and another.

until there was no more silence between the noises and all you could hear was the beeping coming from his phone. you sat up in slight annoyance, souyas head falling in your lap. surprisingly he didn't wake up, only shifting slightly in his sleep with a groan.

you reached over, grabbing his phone from the nightstand. the vibrating and beeping irking you to the core. why doesn't he just keep his phone on silent? you internally questioned, flipping it open. immediately you're greeted with fifty plus notifications all from one group-chat.

'toman'

that...that doesn't mean what you think it means right? you bite your lip in thought not wanting to be that nosey girlfriend that doesn't trust your boyfriend. you trust souya—you do. or at least you want to. souya had already told you, the gang has just been meeting up recently to hang out.

your thumb hovers over that little circle button in the middle of his nokia. your eyes flickering from the ongoing notifications to your thumb. your eyes wander from the phone to souya, his head still in your lap.

a smile appears on your face as you laugh at yourself. they're probably just up late talking about nothing. souya wouldn't do that to you. you go to flip the phone closed until a specific message catches your attention.

draken: if souya wasn't at that fight today, we really could've gotten our ass kicked.