four

୧ ‧₊˚ 🌑 ⋅

its nice. the small booth you and souya have been seated at in the cosy cafe. the atmosphere is nice and sitting across from souya made it 10x better.

it had been 2 weeks since the whole incident where souya swore to never be involved in a fight again. and so far, it seemed as if he meant it. he spent most of his time around you, studying and doing homework together, even eating lunch together. and even if a sneaky voice in your head told you how clingy this made you look, you. couldn't care, not as the two of you shared a small strawberry cake together as rain pattered against the window.

" this is amazin', " souya started. " eating cake with my favorite girl. life couldn't be better. " you beamed at his comment as you took another bite from the cake.

" i can't believe you've been hiding this cafe from me! the coffee was good and this cake is the best thing i've had in a while. "

souya shrugged. " if you want, i could show you this place that makes really good spicy ramen. "

" forreal? "

" forreal. "

" that sounds good, maybe another day though. im enjoying being in this cafe with you. " you smiled at him, and a ghost of a smile flashed across his features.

and just at the perfect moment, you both leaned in, sharing a kiss filled with the taste of strawberry that lingered on both of your tounges. the kiss was sweeter than the cake, making you melt more and more the longer it continued. and just as a thunder striked, you both jolted and pulled away. souya glanced out the window.

" it's really comin' down out there huh? "

you hummed in response. " we should probably head out soon, doesn't look like it'll stop anytime soon. "

" you already trying to get rid of me huh? thought you were 'enjoying being in this cafe' with me? " souya joked.

" i am! " you said in mock defense. " i just dont wanna get sick is all. "

you both looked at eachother for the umpteenth time today, a few beats of silence followed before you both erupted in laughter.

it carries on for a while until the laughter is interrupted by a ringing sound. specifically the ringing of a phone.

" oh thats mine. " souya said, reaching into his pocket and grabbing his phone.

" who is it? " you asked finishing the cake.

" nobody. " he said before correcting himself. " nobody important. "

you blinked at him for a bit. " uh, okay." you look outside again, the sky looking more depressed with each tic of the clock.

" are you ready to—" interrupted again by the ringer. but even when souya ignores the call this time, it keeps going, the person adamant on talking to him.

" you should probably answer the phone souya. " his body language looked nervous, his adams apple bobbing slowly as he starred at his phone.

" okay i will, just give me a second. " he stood from his seat to his full height and walked a few feet away. if you were quiet enough you could hear bits and pieces of his conversation.

"yeah im with her... nah i can't leave.... huh? now?..... i dunno man, i promised i would stop.... lookin' for us? why?..... but i made a promise bro, i cant just break— ... i know the gang is important but so are... " souya huffed before saying his final statement, pinching the bridge of his nose.

" ok fine. i'll be there. " his words were spoken with reluctance but still, your heart sunk, and it sunk further as the noise of his shoes scuffing against the floor grew louder and louder.

" hey i— "

" please don't go souya. "

" what? "

" don't go. " your words come out with a squeak as you clench your fists so hard little crescents form on your palms.

you look up at him, eyes glossed over. " please don't go fight. "

" i have to y/n, it's important. "

" what's so important about throwing your fists around recklessly? huh? literally what is so important about that? because no good came while you were in that fucking gang, and now you're running back? "

" it's about loyalty y/n. it's the principal of being there for people when you say you're gonna be there for them. "

" being there for someone doesn't mean you have to put your damn life in danger! wake up souya! if they really cared about you they wouldn't have brought you back to this lifestyle. " you angrily pointed a finger to his chest.

" i have to go y/n. their battles are my battles. "

" please souya, don't go. " you're practically begging at this point, grabbing his shirt and holding on a tight as you can. scared that the second you let go he'll walk right out the door. you cant shake this feeling that if he goes out there and fights this'll be the last good moment you two have together. might be the last time you ever get to kiss and spend time with him.

souya looks at you, his eyes are soft like the bedsheets the two of you used to lie in together. when you would talk about everything and nothing as the moon lit up the stars in his eyes and a swift breeze came in through the window.

your lip wobbles the longer he looks down at you.

" im sorry y/n" he leans in and kissed your hairline,

then your forehead,

and now your nose,

both apples of your cheeks,

and finally, finally he plants a peck on your lips.

his blue eyes look into yours, one last time, " i have to go, "

and he goes. leaves you in the restaurant and runs into the rain, the cool droplets drench his clothes and you can only watch mouth gaped open, face still tingling in all the places he kissed you.

you pulled your phone out of your purse, the cool metal feeling foreign against the warmth of your hand. you flipped the phone open, scrolling through all your contacts until you found your desired one. the phone rang for a bit before finally, he answered.

" hello? "

" nahoya, " you took in a deep breath before finishing your sentence. " i couldn't do it. "

" i couldn't stop him. "