f i v e

I finished dinner and now I am back at the mall. It is currently 8:30pm. I head towards Scoops Ahoy and I spot Robin and Steve behind the counter. I figure Dustin must be in the back room doing something.

I walk over to them, "What's up, shitheads."

Steve looks at me blankly before gesturing me to go to the back room.

When I enter, Dustin is sitting on a chair messing with his walkie talkie.

We wait here until 9:30.

At 9:43, Robin, Steve, Dustin and I are on a roof watching the door. I'm laying on my stomach between Steve and Dustin and Robin is on the other side of Steve. There are two guards with guns and a delivery truck is pulling in.

The rain is still pouring and now there is thunder.

"Look for Imperial Panda and Kaufman Shoes." Robin speaks over the rain.

Thank god I brought a rain jacket.

Dustin is looking through his binoculars and Steve wipes his eyes and the rest of his face.

I don't know why he doesn't have a hood on. His poor hair.

Then, a whistling guy with a yellow rain jacket walks towards the guards with a cart. The boxes on the cart are for Imperial Panda and Kaufman Shoes.

"They're with that whistling guy, ten o'clock." Dustin says.

"What do you think's in there?" Steve asks us.

"Guns, bombs?" Dustin answers.

I shrug, "Drugs maybe?"

"Chemical weapons?" Robins adds.

"Whatever it is, they're armed to the teeth" Dustin says.

"Obviously, Sherlock. There's like two guards with loaded guns." I roll my eyes.

"Great. That's great." Steve says with a sarcastic tone while wiping rain away from his face.

The two large doors behind the guards open and the guy with the boxes walks in.

Robin's voice breaks through the thunder and rain, "Hey, what's in there?"

"its just more boxes." Dustin answers

"Yep. Just more boxes." I nod.

"Let me check it out." Steve reaches over me to grab the binoculars from Dustin's hands.

I move my body slightly away from their bickering.

"No, I'm still looking." Dustin and Steve pull on the binoculars towards themselves.

"Lemme see it." Steve argues

"Hang on!" Dustin shouts and pulls the binoculars towards himself, harder this time.

Steve let's go mid-pull and the binoculars hit the railing, making a loud bang.

"What the hell?" I whisper-shout at the two boys before we crouch behind the railing of the roof.

There's no way that the guards aren't coming this way. No way.

I look over to Dustin to make sure he's okay. Once I'm sure he is, I look over to Steve. I look down at my hands to see our hands are intertwined.

When Steve looks down at our hands, we both quickly untie them.

We are all breathing heavily.

"We need to go." I say and they all nod.

We managed to get back into the mall and we are walking through the back hallways.

"Well, I think we found your Russians." Robins says as she turns her head to look at us.