s e v e n t e e n

Dustin creaks the bathroom door open, the noises from outside becoming louder.

He opens the door more, watching the crowd of people walk out of the movie screenings.

"And..." Dustin says. "Blend."

We all walk out of the bathroom, merging with the rest of the crowd. We're trying to blend in.

Although that's kind of hard when Steve's face looks like it's been curb-stomped.

"Well, shit, that worked." Erica says, surprised.

"Course it worked. Now we just have to get on the bus with the rest of these plebes and home sweet home, here we come." Dustin states, thinking we are done with this whole ordeal.

"Uh, Dustin?" Steve speaks. "What?"

"Yeah, we might not wanna go to your house." He confesses. I don't really remember what was said when they were interrogating us.

"Why?" Dustin asks, confused.

"Well, I might've told them your full name." Steve says, quietly enough so the people around us don't hear.

I remember that now, kind of. I know Steve said something that he shouldn't have.

"What is wrong with you?" Dustin whispers to him.

"Dude, I was drugged" Steve try's to defend himself. Dustin isn't amused.

"So?"

"So?"

"So, you resist. You tough it out. You tough it out like a man." Dustin explains.

"Oh, yeah, it's easy for you to say."

"Guys?" Robin interrupts, looking scared and straight ahead. We all stop to look at what she's looking at.

Straight ahead, we see two men in black outfits, talking to someone. They look like guards.

"Abort." Dustin says and one of the guards looks in our direction. "Abort. Abort."

We turn around and run., weaving our way through the people leaving the theater.

"Shit."

We try to go towards the escalators, but they're closed and blocked off. We turn back around to see the men following us.

"Let's go." Steve slides down the divider between the two escalators. I follow behind him, sliding down the metal.

When all of us are down on the lower floor, we sprint towards some food place, ducking behind the counter.

We sit here for a bit. The mall clears out and all that's left is us and a bunch of Russian guards.

I hear footsteps come near and a whisper in Russian. I try to slow my breathing, my scoops ahoy uniform becoming increasingly uncomfortable.

More footsteps approach as they become closer and louder. I hold my breath and close my eyes.

We're so screwed.

A hand reaches for mine and I look down and see Steve clutching my hand and looking at me. He looks scared but he's trying not to be.

Suddenly, a car horn honks and the alarm goes off. I release Steve's hand and peak my head over the counter to see what's happening.

I look at the car that's sitting in the middle of the mall, moving and honking. I look up and see a girl. Her hair is in her face so I can't see who it is. There's other people with her too.

One of the men speak in Russian before the girl sends the car flying towards the guards.

I gasp, "Holy shit!"

The car crashes into another food place and the rest of us stand up behind the counter. The slowly peak at the still car.