Chapter 3

"You're draining your chakra flow too much. You need to keep it at a constant flow. Try to focus some to your feet while half to your hands. The kunai will go farther with chakra flow. Try again." Kakashi said as he reads his book.

I close my eyes and focus my chakra flow to me feet, and channels some to my hands. I open them and then run up the tree and throws the kunai higher up than the last few attempts.

"Better." Kakashi said as he closes his book and stands up. "Now, I want you to focus chakra to your feet." He walks over to the stream next to us. "While walking on water."

"Easy enough." I said following him.

"That's not all. While summoning wind in your hands. I want to see just how well you can control your chakra in two different places at once."

I stand there looking at him then smile. I take a step onto the water focusing chakra to my feet. I look at Kakashi and he nods. I look down as my hands as air starts twirling in my hands.

"Kakashi! I did it!" I yell excitedly.

"That's great remember to not loose your focus."

"What do you-." Before I could finish my sentence I fall straight to the cold water and come back up gasping for air. "URGH!" I scream as I slapthe water in anger and gets out.

"Maybe that's enough for today. You should rest."

"No! I'm going to get this right!" I say walking back onto the surface of the water. I focus the air in my hands only to look up and see I have created a small tornado across the stream of me growing at a rapid pace. "Ka-Kakashi?" I say stepping back shocked.

"Hm, seems like you have learned to create a bigger whirlwind." He says pulling out a kunai out of curiosity then throws the kunai at the spinning air and it repels back at him and lands at his feet. "It seems that you have learned Boiseki Tate no Kaze (Spinning Shield of Winds) Interesting."

"Well, yeah,  my grandfather taught me, But what does that mean?" I turn to look up at him.

"It means that not only did you create wind in your hands. You also created a small shield it helps deflect anything being thrown at it. So if an enemy is attacking you can protect not only yourself but return the attack to your opponent. You need better chakra control, Now, focus and try and redirect it over some. Take control over it."

I look back over to the spiraling tornado and focus and move it a few feet. Then an big explosion hits knocking the trees around them down.

"Mayumi! Are you okay?" Kakashi yells out. I'm still standing on top of the water wide-eyed.

"D-did I do that?"

"MAYUMI! That's was awesome!" Kiba said running up to them following behind him is Shikamaru and Naruto.

"What was that?" Naruto said curiously.

"That was Daikamaitachi no Jutsu(Grand Slashing Wind Skill) It shreds anything in its path." Kakashi said shoving his hands in his pockets. "I think it's time for today to be over with. You need a break before your chakra runs dry. Because I can very well see that you need more control over it. Be at the gates by 7am." He says as he walks away.

"The gates?" I ask quietly tilting my head.

The strength she has already. She's already doing Jutsus that a Jonin should be doing.I expect nothing less of her. Her grandfather has been teaching her very well. I would be glad to have her on my team but I highly doubt that would be possible.. I must report back to the Hokage. Kakashi thinks to himself.

"Man, what a drag that you get to train by him." Shikamaru says annoyed.

"Hmf you're just jealous." I boast walking off the water and over to Akamaru and pick him up still dripping water and pops a grape in my mouth. "I'm hungry, I haven't ate all day."

"Well, lets get some ramen!" Naruto shouts. "Mayumi, you may be scary, but that was so cool! Do you think you could teach me?" He asks as we start walking to the ramen shop.

"Naruto, I don't even know how I did that. Much less teach you." I reply. "At least you think I'm cool now." I try a forced smile at him.

The four of us get to the ramen stand and order our food.

"So Naruto, are you ready for our graduation exam coming up?" Kiba asks.

"Oh yeah! I'm ready Believe it!" Our ramen comes out and is placed in front of us.

"If you can make a shadow clone, it's a piece of cake." I say as I takes a bite. "You can make a shadow clone right Naruto?"

"What a drag, everybody can make a shadow clone." Shikamaru complains.

Naruto stays silent for a moment. "Well of course I can!" He finally yells out then he finishes his bowl of food.

"Hm, well good luck Naruto." I say standing up after I finish eating. "I hope you pass so I can beat you."

"Yeah right! I will be the one beating you!" He says as he runs off.

"Come on Mayumi lets go home. We gotta get some rest." Kiba says as he stands up and I  shiver.

"I think I'm going to walk around for a while. My brain needs some thinking." I explain as I pick up Akamaru.

"Well here take my jacket while you're out you are still wet so you don't catch a chill. Can't have you getting sick." He says as he hands me his jacket and I put it on. "Don't be out too late! Mom will kill me for letting you stay out too late!"

I start walking down the street. "Is there a reason you're following me Shikamaru?" I question.

"I live down this road." He retorts. "How bothersome that you don't even remember. And you're still soaking wet."

"Oh, yeah I kinda forgot about that..." I look away embarrassed pulling the hood up to cover my head.

"You know, I'm fine right? No hard feelings?" Shikamaru stops walking and turns to me.

"Shika, it's been 4 months. I'm sorry. Emotions are hard sometimes.. I'm worried something could happen again... "

"Yeah I understand. I just want you to know it's okay. You can always talk to me if you need too." Shoving his hands in his pockets as we continue to walk down the street. "You still have hope don't you?"

I stay silent for a moment. "Yes" I whisper. "I will always believe they are still alive until the day I find them. If something actually happened to them I will avenge their deaths." She says gritting her teeth. "But deep down I still believe they are still alive. I don't care what others think about them, they are still my parents."

"You know, you really do scare me sometimes." Shikamaru says as we stop in front his house. "But I know you will become a great Shinobi one day. Maybe even Hokage."

"Yeah right. I can't take Naruto's dream away from him." I laugh.

"Anyway, I will see you later Mayumi." Shikamaru pulls me in for a hug. I hesitate about him being in the danger zone but then I hug him back. I look up at him, a small blush across my face.

"Goodnight Shikamaru." I say as I start back to the Inuzuka compound holding Akamaru closer to me.

I get back the the house noticing the lights in the house are already off. I quietly take my shoes off and drop Akamaru off at Kiba's room. Careful not to wake a sleeping Tsume. "Good Night Mayumi." Kiba says. I turns around to him. "Goodnight Kiba." I say with a smile as I  continue back into my room and take a quick shower and fall asleep.