Chapter 41

I have trash bags of old clothes of mine at the door waiting for Ryota and Buyuu to pick them up and donate them. Kiba has been coming by twice a day to throw out the trash, and getting more cleaning supplies.

"Mayumi, we've cleaned everything except one room. Why is that?" Sota asks scrubbing the floor while i vigorously scrub when I pause.

"I'm not ready for that room yet." I say, the first time I have spoken more than two words in awhile I felt my voice struggle trying to even say anything.

He looks at me hard before he speaks. "After this how about we hit the training grounds?"

I look at him then I scrub harder on my floors. When we finish scrubbing I put my cleaning supplies up and grab my weapons pouch and sword. Sota looks at me with an eyebrow raised in confusion.

"You said when we were done we'd go to the training grounds"

"Yes, but first, you need to find Asuma. Find him first, and I'll meet you there. I gotta couple things to do first."

I hesitate then nod my head as we leave my home.

I search everywhere for Asuma until I feel an unwelcoming presence. I rush off and see Kureani, Asuma and Kakashi standing outside of a little tea restaurant.

"What are you doing here?" Asuma says to Kakashi.

"While I'm here to buy offerings, I've made plans to meet here." Kakashi says only moving his eye to show them who's inside. "With Sauske."

"Huh, it's rare that you wait for people." Asuma comments. I try to lean in closer to hear until Sauske walks up.

"Kakashi, it's strange for you to be here first." Sauske states suprised.

I watch at the two Akutsuki members retreat out of the tea house and I follow them behind Asuma and Kurenai hiding myself. I've heard about them, kinda want to see what they are all cracked up to be.

"You guys are not  from the village, why in the world did you come?" Asuma demands.

"I haven't seen you for a while, Asuma, Kurenai."  The shorter one states.

"If you know about us are you former Leaf Shinobi?" Asuma asks.

One of the lifts their bamboo hat up slowly and the two Jonin gasp.

"You!" Kurenai says as he takes his hat off and undoes his cloak.

"It really is you. Itachi Uchiha." Asuma says as my eyes go wide. Uchiha?!

"You are acquaintances of Itachi?" The taller man asks taking off his hat. "If so, I'll introduce myself as well."

"I'm Kisame Hoshigaki. Hereafter, I hope to be familiar with you."

"Never mind later, I'm going to beat you now!" Asuma says smirking.

"Itachi." Kiseme says. "It seems you're pretty unpopular in the village too."

"I know you too, Kiseme Hoshigaki. Originally of the Hidden Village of the Mist." Kureani states. "Suspected of national covert activities and killing of a feudal lord. A Rogue ninja from Land of Water on the wanted list in all nations." I look at him and notice his sword on his back, what is that? Shark skin?

"You're a major S-rank criminal listed in the Bingo Book." Asuma says. "Itachi you have some nerve coming back to this village after causing that awful incident."

"Asuma...Kurenai. Don't interfere with me. I don't intend to kill you." Itachi says in a monotone voice.

"That's not a line for you, who killed your comrades. I know there's no way you'd come here without any cleaner purpose in those suspicious cloaks. What are you after?" Asuma states.