Chapter 27

THIRD PERSON POV~

The dark night sky still plastered above them with little light from the stars and half moon above them luminating the ground below them. The small breeze sending a chill down her spine as stands in front of her uncle arms crossed, emotionless expression on her face.

They stay quiet a little while longer taking each other in, it had been years since they actually talked. It always came out with hurtful words. But this time, Asuma wanted her to hear what he had to say, to help reconnect after all these years. Pain in his heart every time he saw her. What he did, was to protect her, from any more danger that could possibly come.

He takes a deep breath and steps closer to her staring into her eyes, eyes so different than the Sarutobi family, taking after her mothers side with the bright blue, still unsure how about her left eye, looking at such a mystery just waiting to be unfolded any moment in time.

"I want to know everything you know about your father." He says.

"Asuma.. we don't have to do this."

"No May, we do. It's time I finally talked to you about this. I missed years.. years of you growing up."

She stands there for a few moments feeling the wind blow through her hair. "I know he wasn't good to people. He has killed innocent men."

"Mayumi... there are something's, I need to tell you." He starts off, she just looks at him like she's ready to break down at any moment. He lights up his cigarette and takes a quick drag. "I'm not good at this sentimental shit, but I don't know how else to put this other than to just say it."

"Then just say it." She tenses her jaw staring hard at him.

"I blocked your memories of your dad."

"You- what?"

He takes another drag of his cigarette and looks at her a moment longer. "I blocked your memories, a few years ago, you asked the Hokage about blocking memories. He couldn't bring himself do it, so I did.. so you would hate me instead of him.. I regret it everyday. I have for years."

"Asuma.." she says softly a tear threatening to fall down her face. "Why? Why would you do that?"

" I wanted you to have a normal happy life. I didn't want... I didn't want him to change the precious life that your mother brought into this world you were too pure." He says softly looking down at his niece. "I wanted you to be strong, I wanted you to grow up happy... and.. and I was wrong.. I made such a big mistake.. I thought I knew what I was doing.." he sniffles and looks at her with clouded eyes.

"Asuma... I have a question.. what did my father do?" She asks stepping closer into arms reach.

"Do you want to know it all?" He asks lifting his hand up, she nods lightly. "Are you sure.."

"For me to trust you again Asuma I need you to do this... I want to know everything." He gently places a finger on her forehead and holds it there for a moment watching her face change from sadness to complete fear, tears falling down both their faces. "He.. he.."

"He abused you..daily.." Asuma said scanning her face. "I didn't want it to ever bother you again.."

"Then why did you leave?"

"I felt guilty, I couldn't help you, I tried to help you and your mom. But she kept denying that you were being abused. Then one day, I saw you running to me, you had a black eye, I couldn't take it anymore. I did what I had to do.." he takes a shaky breath before continuing.

"He didn't know you knew.." She whispers.

He shakes his head. "No, he didn't May, I made a deal with myself. He wanted to get out of the village. So I agreed to help him, I vowed for him to be in the Special Forces along with your mom. To keep him far away from you, for as long as possible. And when Tsume started taking you in, everything seemed so much better. I knew that I did the right thing. I'm sorry I left, I felt so guilty and I regret it so much. But I couldn't see you hurt any longer. I did it for you."