020💜

Leigh sighed as she woke in bed next to Simon. She looked to see him wide awake on his phone. "What are you doing?" She asked as she sat up next to him.

Simon smiled. "I was looking at days out that we could take Mia on. I know Aimee is her mum. But I thought maybe we could take her out?"

Leigh nodded. She grinned as she kissed him. "I love how you've just taken her on. Like she's actually mine," she said.

Simon smiled. He nodded. "Well she's a great kid. And she lost her dad. And from what I've been told, Max Tyler isn't too fond of her."

"Other way round. Mia has something against him. She feels like he's trying to replace Tom. Which I know Aimee won't let happen. But I love you. And I love how you're happy about me being in her life," Leigh said.

Simon kissed her passionately and smiled. "We've got this. I know we have."

"I hope so."

***

Leigh and Simon walked into the school building. Simon kissed her and smiled. "I've got a meeting now babe. You gonna be okay?"he asked.

Leigh nodded and smiled. "I'll be fine. I'm gonna find Aimee and see what gossip she's got for me."

Simon smiled as he walked off. Leigh stood there and smiled. She felt a tug on her top. She turned to see Mia. "Hey cutie. You should be in school."

Mia nodded. "I no has to go. Mine school close cause it flooded!" She said as she looked to her.

Leigh picked her up as Aimee walked over to them. "I gather she told you about the flood at her nursery?"

"She did. I've missed the cutie pie."

Aimee smiled. She looked to her daughter and smiled. "All she's been going on about us seeing mummy Leigh. She doesn't like me anymore the little demon."

Mia giggled. "I do like you mummy. I like seeing mummy Leigh too! Daddy asks me to look after her and new baby!"

Leigh frowned. "When did he ask you?"

"I see him in mine dream! I cited about that!"

Leigh smiled. She wiped away her tears and looked to Mia. "Well if you see him again, tell him I miss him."

"Me will."

Leigh kissed the top of Mia's head and looked to Aimee. "Did you talk to Max?"

"I Did. He tells me that he's under pressure from all of the school. But that doesn't explain why Mia doesn't like him at all."

"Maybe she's just scared he's going to replace her daddy? I mean she was a daddy's girl wasn't she?" Leigh said.

Aimee nodded and smiled. "Yeah. She was. I love that for her. But how can I move on and be happy if she doesn't like anyone I could see?"

"I know babes."

***
Leigh sat in her classroom. She smiled as Simon walked in. He looked to her. "You okay?" He asked as he kissed her.

Leigh nodded and smiled. "I'm more than okay. I've got you and I've got our baby. I'm glad I've got you," she said.

Simon laughed and smiled. He kissed her cheek. "What's brought this on?" He asked.

"Nothing. I'm just feeling hormonal at the moment. And I love you."

"I love you too babe."

The two of them kissed heatedly. They pulled apart when Christine walked in. "Oh. Sorry. Didn't mean to interrupt your personal time."

Simon turned to Christine. "I get it. You're bitter that someone wants me to help run the school instead of you. That doesn't mean you have to be bitter around everyone else. Does it?" He said.

"I'm not bitter. It's just this is a school. There are pupils around. I don't think they want a live action sex Ed class," Christine said as she turned and walked off.

Leigh rolled her eyes. "I sometimes cannot stand her. Even if she is my mother. She's always... ugh!

Simon pulled her close and smiled. "It's all going to be okay. I promise."

But could Simon keep that promise when a face from Leigh's past was about to make a reappearance in her life?