025💜

Leigh knew how her life had been falling into place. She had Simon and she was having their baby. She knew how she was always going to miss Tom. But she needed to move on.

She knew she had Mia in her life and she was thankful to that as she was part of Tom that lived on.

She knew Simon had accepted that Mia was part of her life. And she was grateful. She knew that things weren't easy at all.

Leigh had to believe she could make things work for the sake of the baby. She was in love with Simon. And he had changed her life.

He had helped her heal from what happened with Tom. And she was grateful for that. It wasn't easy at all. And she somehow had to believe that
Tom would want her to move on and be happy.

She had found it hard at the beginning. Especially as she did feel like she had betrayed Tom. But as time went on, she knew Tom would want her to find happiness again. And she had. She had found Simon.

She knew she couldn't ever forget about Tom. But she could move on. And try to find her happy ever after.

All she knew was that things were good for her. And she somehow had to make it all work. To make Tom happy too.

Leigh and Simon were currently sitting in the hospital. They had the morning off as they were getting a scan and hopefully finding out the gender of their baby.

Leigh knew she wanted a little girl. But she would have been happy with a boy too. She just wanted a healthy baby.

Simon looked to her and smiled. "What are we saying then? Boy or girl?" He asked.

"I'm saying girl. Purely cause mama's intuition," Leigh said with a grin.

Simon took her hand and kissed her lips. "I love you. And we're gonna make this work. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Leigh Mulgrew?"

The two of them stood up. Leigh walked into the room. Simon behind her. She hopped onto the bed and smiled. "You ready?" She asked as she turned to Simon.

The midwife did all her tests. She turned to Leigh and Simon. "Did you want to find out?" She asked.

Simon nodded as did Leigh. The midwife smiled. "It looks as though you're having a girl. Baby is in a difficult position right now. So we don't 100% know. But at the next appointment, we can check again," she told her.

***
Leigh went into work after the scan. She saw Aimee who looked to her. "Well?" She asked. She was excited for her best friend.

"It's a girl. Well they think. Baby is in an awkward position. So they're not 100%. We can find out next time. Where's Mia?"

Aimee smiled. "Tom's mum came to visit. She's spending the day with her. She's asked to see you though," she told her.

Leigh nodded. Knowing how she felt weird about being around toms family after she was pregnant with another man's baby.

Aimee took her hand. "It's gonna be okay. They want you to be happy," she said.

***
Leigh was sitting in the staffroom. She looked up as Simon walked in. He looked pale. "What's happened?" She asked.

Simon turned to her. "It's my ex. She's here. And she said she wants another chance," he told her.

Leigh frowned as she looked to him. Unaware of how this was the start of something sinister.