024💜

Leigh knew how she was trying to focus on being a mum. But things were weird. She knew how she was close to giving birth to the baby. And she couldn't wait.

Things with her and Simon were going well. Both were excited to have their baby. It wasn't easy but both of them were doing all they could to make it work.

Leigh loved how Simon had so easily accepted Mia into his life. He knew the bond she had with Mia and it made her happy to think that he accepted that part of her was always going to love Tom.

Leigh was thankful that she could talk to Simon about anything and he wouldn't judge her. She was happy with him.

She knew she felt bad for Aimee who was going through hell with Max. She knew how Aimee had chosen Mia over Max. And she knew how  hard it had been.

All she knew was that she was thankful her life was falling into place. She never thought she would find happiness again after losing Tom. But she had.

Morning came and Leigh was lying in bed. She smiled as she saw Simon walking into the room. He handed her a cup of tea. "I would much rather prefer this to be a bottle of vodka. But we're growing a baby."

Simon nodded. "See there we go. It's all good in the hood," he said.

Leigh rolled her eyes. She looked to him as he got into bed next to her. "You're not young enough to say good in the hood," she told him.

"Hey. I'm keeping up to date with the demon kids at school. Why can't we have 500 Mia's at the school instead,"Simon mumbled.

Leigh grinned. "You haven't even seen her in a tantrum. She's an evil little thing," she said.

"No. I don't believe that."

"You wouldn't."

***

Leigh and Simon went into work. Simon kissed her and walked off. Leigh saw Aimee and walked over to her. "Hey. Are you okay?" She asked.

Aimee turned to her and smiled. "My mum is here. She's got Mia for the day."

"Good. But I wasn't talking about Mia. I'm talking about you. Have you thought about what you're going to do?" Leigh asked. 

Aimee nodded. "I'm going to have an abortion. It's for the best. I'm going to book it for as soon as I can," she told her.

Leigh took her hand. "Are you sure you want to do that? It won't be easy," she said.

Aimee nodded and smiled. "I know. But it's not the right time for me to have another baby. Max and I... we are so toxic. And I just... I have to focus on Mia. She's the love of my life and I can't add another baby into this," she told her.

***
Simon saw Leigh in her classroom.  He walked into her and smiled. "Hey. How you feeling?" He asked. 

"I'm okay. Just tired. I've been thinking. Do you want to find out if the baby is a girl or boy?"

Simon smiled. "Whatever you want. I'm happy with what makes you happy," he told her.

Leigh walked over and kissed him. Just hoping that things were going to be okay.