4

Hate is a strong word. So Sicheng would use 'despise' to describe his sister. He strongly despises the same nagging characteristic, the authoritative hypocrisy his sister bore with great resemblance to their mother. But he liked her a bit more than their mother. Dong Meiling was god sent, she was an angel; a suffocating one at that. She understood him in a way their mother failed to and even after being married, Meiling had made sure her little brother was well and had a luxurious living. She was also the one who urged him into taking extra classes and hobbies outside of his academics for him to enjoy life and; to have back up incase his degree failed to provide him with a secure job. To Sicheng, Meiling was much more a mother compared to their birth mother. However, he greatly despised the way his sister would act sometimes, the way she would shut him down so fast when it came to unconventional thoughts he wishes to express, to her ridiculously fast paced eating and her constant urge to nudge him to be faster. Her snarky remarks and jokes hurt his feelings alot, but he chooses to endure on. After all, she was the only sister he had and he liked her a bit more than their mommy. There were times Sicheng wished Meiling would slow down, take her time and just stand still.

As Dong Meiling swiped her black card across the machine, what dignity Sicheng had managed to carve out of is gone. His sister was kind enough to take him out on a shopping trip after a terrible fight that morning with his mother. Sicheng didn't really want to buy anything, he just wanted to stroll around and be anywhere except the house. He might have made a bad decison on that one because it was very evident from the start that Meiling and he had different plans.

So at the end of the day, when Sicheng was in his room; alone again with his shopping bags. He could feel the chain round his neck tighten ever so slightly, and his sister's words were like brandings across his back
'you have to get a job Sicheng. You have to study hard and earn your own'

Dong Meiling  have him on the tightest chokehold and knowing her, Sicheng felt desperately small and submissive to her.

Sicheng had to grow up