Chapter 1 - Flabber Gassed

Summary: Season 5 Episode 1. Conversations between the episode.

Henry looked on in astonishment as Charlotte used different combos that pulverised his character. He was playing the game well at first, but just as he was about to finish her, his best friend suddenly decided to show off and defeat him. Jasper and Ray's words were lost in his ears as he tried to somehow fight back.

He didn't think that Charlotte could best him. He thought it was an easy match against her, but he was proven wrong. Just like every other time.

"I'm running! I'm running!" Henry shouted, seeing his character lose health. He tried shuffling backwards but it was no use. Charlotte just kept coming at him.

"Run away, Henry!"

"Finish her!"

Ray and Jasper's shouts molded together. Repeating encouraging words to the blonde as he scurried his character away. With one final kick, Charlotte eliminated Henry and closed the game. She turned to her friend, smiling triumphantly with her hands on her hips.

"I was just about to beat you..." Henry said.

Charlotte shrugged and replied, "Well, sometime the cat likes to play with the mouse before she kills it."

"Yeah, well, sometimes the cat hurts the mouse's feelings," he shot back lamely. Charlotte shook her head while smiling softly at him. Henry found himself staring at her, feeling something in him stir at the sight of it.

Woah

He was pulled back to reality when Ray shooed him. Shaking his head, he went and sat down next to Jasper on the steps, trying to decipher what the heck he just felt and what made him think that all of the sudden about his best friend.

-----

Charlotte ran out to fetch her "mooshun" capture suit. Schowz brought both Henry and Ray back after receiving their distress call that they were in the sewers. She was about to give them an earful but they disconnected the call before she could utter a word out.

When they arrived, she felt satisfied that she lectured and sassed them at the same time, and they could not do anything because they were paralysed in duffel bags. Henry was the first to listen to her and Ray begrudgingly followed.

Coming back with the suits, Charlotte handed them to Schowz before making her way to the two superheroes. She stood over them with her arms crossed and a face that said 'I told you so'.

"Don't you have somewhere else to be?" Ray grumbled and childishly looked away.

"Don't you?"

Ray glared at her, his head turning to his partner who he found laughing. "You're in the same state as me, genius."

Henry stopped and cleared his throat.

"None of this would've happened if you guys just listened to me," Charlotte said.

"Ughhhhh, we already listened your lectureeeee," Ray whined causing the curly head girl to roll her eyes.

"Did you really?" She questioned with a pointed look.

"I did, Char," Henry spoke, his voice growing softer. "And I'm sorry I didn't listen to you. We just took out bad guys easily the last few weeks and we overestimated ourselves. We're sorry."

"Speak for yourself," Ray mumbled, but the blonde heard it clearly and gave him a look.

"Look," Charlotte sighed, her arms flopping at her sides. "I only lecture you guys because I don't want either of you to get hurt, especially you," she pointed at Henry. "I know you have hypermotility but that doesn't mean you're indestructible. That's Ray. Henry, you have to remember that. You have to remember that we could lose you." That I could lose you.