Chapter 2 - Danger Things

Summary: Season 5 episode 2. Kid Danger and Captain Man have saved the kids from the nice monster from another dimension.

The Chenry storyline connects with the previous chapter.

Charlotte sat in her usual spot in front of the monitors, her legs twitching in anticipation. It had been a while since Henry and Ray left and she was starting to get worried. If a monster has a habit of stealing kids, it terrified her to wonder about the torture they had to endure, it terrified her even more what would happen to anyone who tried to rescue them.

A few days have past since the moment she shared with Henry. Neither of them brought up the topic, not wanting things to be awkward between them. It was left buried.

For Charlotte, it was anything but. Her mind has been plagued with those thoughts since it happened. Her feelings confusing her more as time went by. Did it mean anything? Was it just in the heat of the moment? Was the kiss intentional?

Charlotte could not forget about the kiss. It was a simple gesture that caused her heart to jump out of her chest, even just thinking about it. She liked it. She stopped denying that she didn't after how many sleepless nights. It made her wonder how it would feel if his lips touched her own instead of her head. The young girl shook it off. It unnerved her that she was thinking about her best friend like that.

Just then, the familiar swoosh sound from the tubes rang in Charlotte's ears. She turned around to see Ray and Henry step out, still in their suits, covered in green goo. A breath of relief escaped her lips at the sight of them.

"What happened?" She asked, standing from her seat.

"Went through an interdimensional portal, saved the kids, and came back," Ray answered. Charlotte rolled her eyes at his bluntness.

"What about the moonster?" Schowz asked.

"Turns out he was good. Just lonely," Henry shrugged. "Piper and the others weren't force to stay. She said they could've left whenever they wanted."

"So, there was never any real danger?" Charlotte avoided Henry's eyes. She tried to ask the question nonchalantly, but his ears heard the concern, and he wanted to assure her that they were alright.

"Nah," Ray dismissed with a wave of his hand. "Just a bunch of stupid scientists wanting to play God."

"Tho, thes thtill time tho go thrick oh threethin'?" Jasper still had trouble speaking properly after his accident at Junk n' Stuff. He was over by the couch with an ice bag perched on top of his upper lip.

"Boy, I have no idea what you just said, but let's go trick or treating!" Ray pumped his fist in the air, causing everyone to cheer in agreement, except Jasper who was looking betrayed. As they all headed for the exit, Charlotte suddenly stopped them.

"You two need to change," she pointed at Ray and Henry. The two of them looked down on themselves before taking out their tubes and popping a gum. She always watched the transformation, fascinated by the green glow and the power of one simple bubblegum. Once the glow died, she was met with the faces of her boss and her incredibly handsome best friend.

Woah, what?

Henry and Ray headed to their respective tubes, while Schowz, Jasper and Charlotte made their way to the elevator. They previously learned that they can't all fit in the elevator together unless they preferred to be squished against one another. Pressing the button, they were lifted up to the shop.

----- 

Laughter and cheers echoed between the group of friends. Henry unlocked the front door to his house and invited the whole gang in. His parents were out of town so he didn't have to worry about any questions that they might have. Ray, Schowz and Jasper slumped on the couch while Charlotte went to the kitchen to grab a drink.