Chapter 10 - You try fighting her

Henry was pissed. Beyond pissed; he was furious. But at the same time, he was losing his mind. Never in his life had he felt such strong emotions of worry and anger until now. His footsteps echoed around the silent Man Cave as he paced back and forth with forceful steps.

Why in the world would she go?!

Who in their right mind thinks that it's okay to go on a dangerous mission without him?!

What possessed her to leave without saying anything?!

These thoughts plagued his head.

Charlotte and Ray left hours ago to fight the Time Jerker. He planned to turn back time to when everyone in Swellview was babies so he could bring them up as his minions from scratch. Ray wanted Charlotte to come with them so she can disable the portal before it was activated. Henry was livid with the idea and had protested, but of course, Charlotte hated being told what to do.

The two fought. Voices were raised, threats made here and there, mediator Jasper coming in, and in the end, Henry won. Or so he thought.

What he didn't expect (should've) was that Charlotte and Ray left without him. He was only gone for a moment because Piper was pestering him in Junk N' Stuff, and the next thing he knew Schowz was the only one in the Man Cave. He demanded where they were off to but the scientist wouldn't budge. Apparently, Charlotte threatened to take his worms away if he told Henry where they were going.

And he couldn't access their location since, a - he didn't know how, and b - Charlotte locked him out of their system.

Freaking out was all he could do. He didn't have to worry about Ray, the guy was indestructible, but Charlotte wasn't. His best friend was out there fighting crime, which was his job by the way, with the possibility of getting hurt while he was stuck in the Man Cave with nothing to do.

He muttered incoherent words under his breath, ignoring Schowz who was sitting on the Man couch munching on his worms as he watched him pace around.

Henry's head snapped to the direction of the tubes when he heard the familiar sound of someone coming down. Captain Man came down first and a huge weight lifted from his chest when he saw Charlotte come down next from his tube. He was still angry though.

"What were you thinking?" He immediately regarded her, marching to where she was. She stopped abruptly when he stood right in front of her.

"Hey, Charlotte. How was the mission? Did you stop the Time Jerker and save the city? By the way, I'm glad you're okay," Charlotte smiled fakely, hating how she had to look up now to see his face.

"A mission you weren't supposed to be on. And how could you let her?" He demanded from Ray with a glare.

"Excuse me?" Henry turned his attention back to the enraging girl in front of him. "He didn't let me do anything. I went because it was my choice. He doesn't make decisions for me and neither do you."

"Yeah, Kid," Ray added. "You try fighting her when she sets her mind on something," Henry's glare caused Ray to zip his mouth and move to sit on the couch. It wasn't often that the kid made those looks but when he did, Ray had to admit that he was uncomfortable.

"When it comes to missions, I make the calls," Henry said lowly turning back to her. Charlotte raised her eyebrows.

"You did not just-"

"You're not trained for these things, Charlotte! It's too dangerous for you."

"I can take care of myself."

"Not against this."

"What? So, you think I'm weak?"

"No! Of course not," Henry ran his hand through his hair in frustration. This girl was going to be his death of him. "I'm just saying that you can get hurt."