Chapter 9 - Three feet rule

A/n: this one's a short one-shot. Happy reading!

-----

Henry groaned, hands covering his face in frustration. It was getting harder to avoid Charlotte and he was certain she knew something was up.

Bianca had given him an ultimatum, either stop being friends with Charlotte or they break up. They argued for days on the issue. Tension rose between the two quickly and it showed whenever they hung out with their friends.

Henry managed to convince his girlfriend not to be too drastic and offered to compromise.

The three feet rule.

Although reluctantly, Bianca agreed. The first few days were easy. Bianca was always by Henry's side, therefore, making it easy to come up with an excuse to distance himself from his best friend. Charlotte, ever understanding, didn't question it.

Weeks passed and everything seemed to be going alright. Until Bianca had to leave town for a month. She was livid at the thought of Henry hanging out with Charlotte behind her back, but he assured her that he wouldn't. Still, Bianca was sceptical.

Not even a week has gone by since his girlfriend left and Henry was finding it difficult to uphold the three feet rule.

He hated the rule, but if it made Bianca happy he was willing to do it. Despite that, he had to wonder why she suddenly wanted him to cut Charlotte from his life. But he couldn't.

He won't.

Bianca knew Charlotte was his best friend long before they started dating. Henry even told her that it was Charlotte that helped him win her over. It was Charlotte that convinced him to let go of the other girls so he could be with her. And it was Charlotte that supported them when everyone, (Ray, Jasper, Schowz and even Piper), didn't.

They were friends at first. Hanging out together and did things that girl best friends do, and Henry was beyond thrilled at that. His two favourite girls in the world got along. Charlotte mentioned what a relief it was to have another female to talk to when the people she worked with are all boys.

A few months after, Bianca became closed off and began treating Charlotte harshly. She wouldn't go as far as calling her names or bullying her, but she always talked to her icily and gave her the called shoulder as well as the silent treatment.

To absolutely no surprise, Henry and Bianca fought because of it.

"You always defend her!" Bianca would shout at him after he confronted her about her attitude.

"She's my best friend!" Henry would reply.

"And I'm your girlfriend!"

That was true. However, Henry couldn't take it when someone would treat his best friend like that, even when it was his girlfriend. So, they agreed to disagree and the three feet rule was brought to life. Charlotte didn't know about it and Henry couldn't bring himself to tell her.

The rule drove him mad. He missed his best friend like crazy. He missed the times when they would hang out and just play around. Sometimes talking was all they did or just being with each other.

He just misses her. So much.

The way her black, curly hair would bounce lightly with each step she took. How her scent would invade his senses. The way her eyes held different feelings depending on her mood. Like how they would shine whenever she did something she enjoyed, and for Charlotte, that was homework.

What he missed most was her smile. It was captivating and Henry always found himself gazing at it. At her. It was often accompanied by a little jump and a clap of her hands when she figured out how to use one of Schowz's gizmos.